Subscribe By Email Widget problem

As a widget this plugin is not working.

I tried the solution here deactivating/reactivating all plugins
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/no-subscription-via-website-possible

Still not sending confirmation via email.

Not only that but any logged in user can subscribe any email address and still get a "Your subscription has been successfully created!" message even if I enter random text in the box. It does not actually subscribe the email address but you still get that message prompt.

Would love to get this working properly
Help appreciated.

The client ask me not to show their website yet but any other request I can try and accommodate.

• Mason

Hiya drdave,

still get a "Your subscription has been successfully created!" message even if I enter random text in the box.

Yeah, the manual subscription doesn't check for correct email address format being entered. That sounds like a feature we should look into implementing though. Thanks!

Still not sending confirmation via email.

I don't believe this plugin sends out a confirmation of subscription email. Have you read otherwise?

Can you verify that the addresses being entered are being added to your database. Should be a table called "wp_subscriptions". Not only that, but I believe the site needs to have regular traffic in order for this plugin to work. The traffic actually triggers specific actions in WordPress including the functions that send out these emails.

Let us know if the addresses are not showing up in the database and we'll look into this further.

Thanks!

• drdave

I see 5 entries in that table I don't recall how many I subscribed though. I will just assume they are all there otherwise I will post back. Problem is the funky kjgf78ygyf is also subscribed. I will be on the look out for the update.

Not sure if live traffic is the answer though (I stand corrected) what I never checked was the subscriptions not been aware it was even there. So used to getting email confirmation. I do see the emails there so I guess part of the problem have been, well... not really solved as it was always working.

I don't believe this plugin sends out a confirmation of subscription email. Have you read otherwise?

If not beyond my skills I would love to make it do just that.

Thanks for looking out masonjames