Subscribe Me newsletter doesn't send

Installed the plugin. Test mail works. But the actual newsletter does not send :slight_frown:
Yes, port 25 is open.
Any ideas?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @John

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

What "Email Frequency" you selected for newsletters ? Does it work when you select send immediately when a new post is published ?

What you see in Email Logs, is there any pending emails in queue. If there are and missing/scheduled then click on send batch now button and lets see if it goes through.

If its scheduled then the delivery time is not accurate all the time. It totally depends on your site traffic. This is how actually WP Cron Job works. If you want to switch to system cron then you can do this with the help of following tutorial.
    http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/wordpress/disabling-the-wp-cronphp-in-wordpress

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @John

Hope you are doing good and welcome back :slight_smile:

You don't need to go in folders for emails log. There is a menu "Emails Log" under "Subscriptions" menu of the plugin as seen in screenshot.

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• John
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Right, it was indeed a server configuration thing that was the problem. Should be fixed now. Sending immediately does indeed work now. I have set it to daily now.

The "Email log" page - which indeed now shows the logs - says:
    "In this screen latest logs are displayed. Click on "Details" to know more about that sending. Logs are saved in /var/home/www/wp-content/subscribe-by-email-logs folder."
    I was just wondering about the folder info.

Oh, and I found a small bug:
    Line 106 in front/follow-button.php should say 'daily', not 'weekly', i.e., like this:
    <?php elseif ( 'daily' == $this->settings['frequency'] ): ?>
    Otherwise the follow button shows no text when set to daily.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.