Subscribe opt-in not appearing

Hi, the subscribe opt-in does not appear on our site. We've embedded it with a shortcode, as here:
And it does not show up:
Initially we thought it might be a caching issue, however it seems not to be:

We have enabled support access to the site
Thanks

• James Morris

Hello @m.M.,

I hope you are well today.

I've logged into your site and performed a few tests. On the front end of your site, I'm getting a Javascript error about your Facebook code. While this isn't likely to be causing your problem with Hustle, it's still a good idea to eliminate any such issues, just in case. The code in question is:

<script type="text/javascript"><div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
      var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
      if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
      js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
      js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/es_ES/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.8";
      fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script></script>

As you can see, you've got

<div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>

Inserted after your <script type="text/javascript"> tag and this is causing some problems. Also, there are two </script></script> tags.

It looks like you've included your custom Facebook code inside of your theme's Custom Code section. The code is suppose to be included inside the <body> tag of your site and should look like the following:

<div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
      var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
      if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
      js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
      js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/es_ES/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.8";
      fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Now, regarding your issue with Hustle... I've copied over the basic content of your Newsletter signup into a fresh install of WordPress and Hustle and was able to reproduce the problem when I used the shortcode [wd_hustle id="club-del-emprendedor.digital-(página)"]. However, when I renamed the opt-in to take out (Página) and created a shortcode [wd_hustle id="club-del-emprendedor.digital"], it did work. I suspect the extended characters in your shortcode was causing issues with the shortcode being parsed properly.

Now, I attempted to rename your opt-in to remove (Página), but what I found is I could not save the changes I've made. This points to a plugin conflict on your site that is preventing Hustle from saving changes to an opt-in once it has been created.

Would you please perform a plugin conflict test to eliminate this possibility? You can learn more about how to perform a plugin conflict test in the following article. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know if this resolves your problem. If not, we'll be happy to dig in further! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello M.,

Thank you for running that conflict test. In order to troubleshoot this issue more in depth, may I have access to your staging site and server so I can check for debug output and try a few things?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello M.,

I've logged into your staging site and performed my tests. It seems the reason the shortcode was not being properly parsed was because it was wrapped in a paragraph tag with styling, like so:

<p style="text-align: center;">[wd_hustle id="club-del-emprendedor.digital-paginaa"]</p>

By adding spaces around the shortcode, I was able to get it to parse properly, like so:

<p style="text-align: center;"> [wd_hustle id="club-del-emprendedor.digital-paginaa"] </p>

You can see on this screenshot that it is displaying properly. https://monosnap.com/file/c8r8qot5DOd4IEAMokwCedyJPA6IVP

This behavior is unexpected and will likely present problems for other users, so I'm going to report it to the developers.

If you would, please ad spaces around the shortcode on your production site and see if this resolves your issue. Please remember to clear any caching after you make your changes.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello M.,

In response to your email sent, I've logged into your site and checked things out again. It appears you do not have your Opt-Ins associate with any lists. You have the API key defined, but you haven't selected a list to use.

I suspect this is why you are getting the error logs you were seeing. Please click the Get Lists button and select a list to associate your opt-in with. Then save your opt-in and test again.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.