subscribe tickbox not showing in buddypress registration form

Hello!

I am using Mailchimp integration plugin on a site where I have buddypress (and bbpress) installed.
the site is brand new, and all the users have registered after I've installed and set up the mailchimp plugin.

I can see the new users being subscribed to the mailchimp list. that seems working ok, but I am wondering why I can't see the optin checkbox within the register-account form..
and also, if I edit their profiles in backend, they all have the checkbox unticked (as if they weren't subscribed to the list).

I know that the tickbox in backend won't subscribe/unsubscribe the user, but it would be very handy for me to double check if a user is subscribed or not, so I might create a list and in a second moment send them another proposal to subscribe.

I have set up a mailchimp API key and added it to the plugin's settings.
am I missing some other important setting?

thanks for helping!
cheers
Andrea

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Andrea,

I can see the new users being subscribed to the mailchimp list. that seems working ok, but I am wondering why I can't see the optin checkbox within the register-account form..

Currently there isn't any plugin option to display mailchimp subscription checkbox on register screen.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Currently by developing some custom code you can display MailChimp Integration plugin form on register page using widget or shortcode.

and also, if I edit their profiles in backend, they all have the checkbox unticked (as if they weren't subscribed to the list).

I know that the tickbox in backend won't subscribe/unsubscribe the user, but it would be very handy for me to double check if a user is subscribed or not, so I might create a list and in a second moment send them another proposal to subscribe.

I could also confirm this on my test site using latest version of MailChimp Integration plugin therefore i have notified the plugin developer about this so that it can be fixed.

It will be resolved ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can fix it by editing the following MailChimp Integration plugin file on line number 290 as displayed below.

MailChimp Integration plugin file :
    /wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-sync/mailchimp-api/webhooks.php

Before Editing :

$list_id = get_site_option( 'mailchimp_mailing_list' );
    $subscribed = (bool)get_user_meta( $user->ID, 'mailchimp_subscriber_' . $list_id, true );

After Editing :

$list_id = get_site_option( 'mailchimp_mailing_list' );
    $subscribed = (bool)get_user_meta( $user->ID, 'mailchimp_subscriber_' . $list_id, true );
    $subscribed = mailchimp_is_user_subscribed($user->user_email);

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Andrea

Brilliant!
    the code tweak has sorted the checkbox issue and now it is correctly ticked for whom is subscribed.

thanks for considering the feature of the checkbox within the registration form. is not actually vital for me at the moment (though I can tell it would be for many, and maybe for me as well in another project), but I just assumed it was already a feature of the plugin, cause it made sense to me.

thank you very much for your help!
    as usual, top notch!
    cheers
    Andrea

• Ignacio

Hi @Andrea

We just released 1.8 version that removes the checkbox in the profile page and now a colored box appears instead.

About the feature request: We cannot add it. The plugin was designed for Super Admins (or administrators in single sites) to manage the auto opt in option. Only a user with network permissions can check/uncheck that option in Mailchimp settings. It's a plugin that works for the whole site.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.