Subscribe to a specific category..

Hello I have a few categories of posts and if a visitor wants to subscribe to a specific category only how would I go about doing that? So my goal is to inform subscribers of that particular category when a new post is created.

• coburnenterprises
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi this is a feature I am also looking for - do we have an ETA?

If not, could you provide instructions on how to possibly use the CustomPress plugin to create custom post types and then get those post types to show up on the page where subscribers can choose what types of posts to check/uncheck?

• coburnenterprises

No worries - using the custom press allowed me to solve the problem. Basically, I set up a post type for each category (giving each post type only one category) then I went into subscription settings / content and un-ticked send this post type for Posts. Then I ticked send this post type for each of my new posts and included the one single category. Now when a user clicks the "manage my subscriptions" link they can un-check or check all of the various post types which actually coordinate with their given categories. A few extra steps but it works. It gives me the added benefit of only displaying certain post types to certain admin roles (we use AAM to manage roles).

I still think it would be better to keep it simple and not need to use custom post types in order to allow subscribers to narrow the post categories they want to receive emails on.

Thanks
    Harmony

• coburnenterprises

Well I spoke too soon - it doesn't work. The concept does but when I try to implement by adding posts and using shortcodes to call up those post (blog in blog) they are nor found. I had to give up on this work around. Which means I REALLY need the option to let users subscribe and unsubscribe from selected categories :slight_smile:.

Thanks
    Harmony

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.