Subscriber not registered properly

Hiya. I've just had a recent subscriber write me and claim that he is not able to access the content when he tries to sign in. The one thing that makes me want to believe him is that when I Iook at my transaction records his transaction does indeed come up but without a user name attached to it, whereas all my other subscribers do have a user name attached to them. What could have possible gone wrong with his registration, and how can I verify he really is unable to sign in? Thanks much.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Aaron,

I hope you are well today and sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

If this only happened for that user then this may be because he stopped processing the page by clicking stop or close button of the browser in the middle of processing.

Do you see his transaction in "Recent Transactions" tab of Pay Per View Transactions?

You can test it using paypal sandbox mode and signing in same way as he did using social media account if he has used it.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Aaron

Hi Vinod. Thanks for your response. I an indeed seeing the transaction record for this customer, and he did pay for a full subscription. The only thing peculiar about the transaction record it is that the user name (in the second column over from the post name) is not showing up as it does so for all my other subscribers.

Now, you say that I can test his account by way of using paypal sandbox and signing in as he did, but I'm a little confused here. I know how to switch to paypal sandbox, but I don't know what you mean by signing in as he did (I don't have access to his social media passwords of course), or even where to go to try this. Could you specify what you mean here.

Also, just so you know, I am suspecting a scam attempt here (he's asking me to refund his earlier purchase so he can try again--but I suspect his current account works just fine, and he'll take his money and his free subscription and walk away) Thank you very much for your time.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the late reply, I was away at a WordCamp event this weekend. Lets see if we can get you sorted. :slight_smile:

I saw you have created following thread for the same issue which has been replied by plugin author so it will be better handled by him.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subsribers-unable-to-access-content

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.