Subscribers not seeing Chat on Live Chat page

I tried to configure Page Chat to appear to all of my wordpress users, and not to the public. I added the chat shortcode to my page http://mohabat.co/live-chat/ but it's not appearing to my wordpress "subscribers". If I make the chat available to the Public, then my wordpress subscribers do see it, but that's not what I want. I've tried creating a few new wordpress users to see if there was a problem with one of my test users.

I don't want site-wide chat, but I experienced the same issue there, my wordpress subscribers didn't see the corner chat window unless I made it available to the public.

My admin user can always see the chat window, but I wish my subscribers could see it too.

I did increase the wordpress memory limit in wp-config, as instructed.

I'm very open to being shown where I miss configured the settings. At this point, I've tried everything I can think of.
I've granted Support Access in the WPMU Dev dashboard. You are welcome to create new users if you need to in order to test the user-only chat authentication. This site is in early development.

Also, could you help me understand how to start a private chat? When I'm in a public chat window on my site, I've tried sending chats to @user, but they still seem to be visible to all of the other public users.

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi George! Welcome to WPMU DEV community! :slight_smile:

I've added a test user on your site named "aiceewpmu" with a Subscriber role. Then, I checked your live-chat page and I can see it fine. Could you please try clearing your browser cache?

For private chat, Chat plugin uses our Friends plugins and/or BuddyPress Friends connections. From there one WP user can initiate private chat with their friends. So it is only possible among the users who are "friends" with buddypress plugin or our Friends plugin.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Aicee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.