Subscription based on number of posts

I’ve created a custom post type. I’d like to limit subscriptions to a number of posts. For example, a single subscription would expire after 2 posts have been published in this custom post type. Is this possible versus only having subscriptions expire after a time period?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nwtech and Zyniker,

@zyniker Thank you for your input and you are absolutely correct that this would take significant custom coding to enact. From what I understand that nwtech is asking they want the membership subscription limited by how many posts which makes the above post including Pro Sites not applicable – but that is what I understand they are saying and could very well be wrong.

@nwtech Anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done – and I am not a coder.

At best this is a feature request so I will move it to that section and alert the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• NWTD
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the fast response! I might need to look into having this customized for the time being after I discuss these options with my client.

Do I need to move the topic to the feature request section or has that been done already?

• NWTD

We are interested in limiting how many posts a subscriber can view, not how many that a subscriber can write.

Think in terms of a punch card. You purchase a 10 punch card for 10 shots of espresso at the local coffee house. Each time you visit, you get your shot of espresso (post, custom type) and one “punch” gets deducted.

• NWTD

Re: days versus posts

Restricted time based subscriptions to the number of days could also be of use. I understand that this is a totally different logic and days might work best in one plugin versus punches work best in the other.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nwtech,

Thank you for the additional clarification and insight to the idea of using days instead of using posts.

Another option that includes the ability to limit the number of posts is Pro Sites plugin but this also limits them to the over all number and not on a day by day allocation or something to that effect.

Another item I found that limits posts but is a total limit is Bainternet Posts Creation Limits plugin.

However, regarding Membership I have indeed marked this as an official feature request to be considered for development.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.