subscription button not showing

I am able to see the registration option, select it, create a user name but then when it moves to the subscription page I do not have an options button available to pay for membership.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jeff@myelements,

I have indeed assigned this to the Membership plugin as of the receipt of your last post.

Lets start from the top.

Something is obviously wrong because you should be starting our at a registration page like the one shown here:

http://membership.aecnuwpmu.us/register/

Which already shows which registration/subscription levels are available, right from the beginning and contrary to what you report is going on with your site.

Lets have the URL to your site please so we can take a look at the front end.

Be sure that you have:

Levels assigned to subscription plans

A payment gateway turned on

A Registration page created by being logged into the site dashboard go to –> Membership –> Options –> Registration Page.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Jeff@myelements
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Joe,

I don’t mean to sound rude but everything is set up correctly. We’ve been at this now for 12 hours. Here is where we are at:

http://www.findyourelements.com/register

If I do not add a price I get a subscription button which automatically subscribes me, redirects me to the page identified in the setup and I’m good.

When I process through, pay for my subscription, it returns me to the homepage and does not active or assign my username to the membership level.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

I don’t mean to sound rude but everything is set up correctly.

No problem, frustration often leads to people being …. well frustrated.

However, it is certain that something is not set up correctly somewhere or you would not be getting the below described reaction.

Please keep in mind, we are not at a conflict here, I am indeed and sincerely only trying to help get your site going :slight_smile:

When I process through, pay for my subscription, it returns me to the homepage and does not active or assign my username to the membership level.

Does the payment go through?

Which payment gateway are you using?

Please make sure that your gateway settings do not include a space at the end of their settings and that they are complete with no characters missing. Of course if you are able to process the payment then this is not the issue.

If using PayPal is your IPN turned on?

As you mentioned earlier when you use zero/nothing for a price, everything works as anticipated. This is because everything is processed within your installation and that the problem is between the payment gateway and your installation.

It would be easiest for me to call in the lead developer of the Membership plugin in on this ticket, but that could possibly take days to get him in here an honed in on what the issue may be.

That is why I am doing my best to see if we can get this handled without flagging the developer at this time. However, I certainly will if you so choose or work with you trying to figure this out until we (you and I) run out if ideas.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Jeff@myelements
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sounds like a plan. My web guy had to finally hit the sack here at 3:20 am.

I am only using the 2Checkout gateway. All others are inactive. Everything transitions smoothly, signup buttons, register page, subscription button > transfer to the 2CO site for checkout, processing, payment complete. I manually adjusted the return url to the page of my choice because it was simply returning users to the home page.

In this process, then member is registered but not activated or assigned to a subscription.

I will gladly set you up to get into the backend if you would like. This is a huge deal for us and I’m running out of time. I’m not a developer, I’m the owner of the company (chief cook and bottle washer as well) so please bear with me.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Thank you for your additional feedback and kind input to include the link to the previous persons similar problem – though that was so long ago and many versions of this plugin ago.

However, now that we are in fact referring to the C2O gateway I am truly at a loss since I do not know how they notify the script that a payment has indeed been made where as with PayPal I know exactly how their system works and how to see on their end if it is working and how it is working, but not with C2O.

My opinion is that C2O gateway is either not returning the payment information back to your Membership installation or the installation is not processing/recognizing the information from C2O.

Therefore it is time to call in the lead developer with his invaluable insight into the Membership plugin and see what advice/advise us as to what needs to be done to get this issue resolved.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Sincerely, Joe

• Jeff@myelements
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Joe… I would appreciate that. I hope you can understand that tomorrow at 12pm PST the announcement of our community goes live to over half a million people. It’s kind of a priority. I’m sure there’s something small somewhere but we can’t find it.

I’m reaching out to 2CO as well to get their input.

Thanks!

• Jeff@myelements
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just got off the phone with 2Checkout Support. We worked through every option from their end including all the return methods and still no joy. He’s concerned there may me a script error in the return method or that it may be corrupt. Any particular thoughts?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.