Subscription by email - images not displaying; code appearing as text

Images from my posts are not displaying in newsletters.

Also, there is code appearing as text in the email (in particularly, the formatting of image captions).

I can screenshot or give admin access if you like, but would appreciate it if you could make this thread private first.

Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Green,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Only the featured image will get brought into the email, same with the post excerpt, if you don't have a post excerpt written then it will take the first bit of your content, this is where your issue is happening.

You likely have an image at the beginning with a caption and the caption shortcode is displaying as plain text - it strips html tags but not shortcodes as shortcodes aren't normally placed in the excerpt.

Best way to get around this is to just use the excerpt box :slight_smile: even just pasting in the beginning of your content minus the image will do.

Then if you have the "Show featured images" option checked on your:

Subscriptions > Settings > Mail Template options then it will bring that in as well.

Hope this helps Green! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

hey Green,

Thanks for getting back to me! No problem :slight_smile:

You will need to make sure the excerpt box is turned on in your post editor. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate how to make sure of this.

Then a new text editor box will show up below your main content editor. That will be your excerpt.

Hope this helps Green! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.