Subscription Form - Customized Display

Is it possible to display the subscription form (with all the notifications/ auto renew / upgrade buttons) in a custom display? Is there more short codes then just the subscription detail and the subscription button ones?

If I wanted to display the subscription form with options to upgrade in a pricing table, for example...

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Gregory

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid this is not possible out of the box. You may need to create a page on your own that includes the price table etc.

You have following shortcodes:
    [subscriptionform] -> to show registration page
    [accountform] -> to show an account page
    [renewform] -> to show a subscription/renew form

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Gregory
    • Flash Drive

I was referring to these;

[subscriptiontitle subscription="2"] – The title of the subscription.
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="2"] – The Subscription plan details.
    [subscriptionprice subscription="2"] – The subscription plan price.
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="2"] - And the subscription plan button

Just so I'm clear, nothing else exists...

The subscriptionbutton short code, doesn't seem to behave the same way as the buttons in the [subscriptionform] short code...

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Ahh this shortcode are used if you want to create a page for a single subscription and these codes work fine. Note that, in your shortcode 2 is the subscription ID, that needs to be replaced with your subscription ID.

Also, the button works exactly same the as the button in the form.

Do you have a link so that I can check?

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Okay sure. It seems you know how to send private info :slight_smile: but worth mentioning again.

To send details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Gregory
    • Flash Drive

first, please remove the url - site is under development and I'd prefer to keep the website private, at the moment.

second, if you look at the subscriptions page you will see that I have used those short codes to parse info out into a pricing table. What I want to see on that page is the button should say 'upgrade' which provides the ability to 'move to' another subscription level... I know those shortcodes on your test page work. What I was trying to determine is why when I use [subscriptionform] it provides more information and the ability to move to another subscription yet the more specific short codes (button, title, etc) don't.

(I will need to figure something else out now, since you don't provide any sort of customization with the notifications, 'auto renew' messages, and ability to upgrade from one subscription to another)

• Gregory
    • Flash Drive

i guess it's actually renew form that has the move to copy... seems sort of broken now...

I have added [subscriptionform] to the subscriptions page under the [renewform]
    and it seems to load all the css properly. if you remove the [subscriptionform] you'll see that [renewform] doesn't really load properly...

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Ahh now I see what you mean, yes when you use [renewform] css is not loaded.

I am letting the developer know. For the time being, you can use your own css, or you can use like this:

<div style="display: none">[subscriptionform]</div>
    [renewform]

Cheers
    Ash

• Gregory
    • Flash Drive

thanks.

I was just wondering about the renew form short code...
    It shows "move to:" but no buttons or way of moving to the other subscriptions. Is this just because it's not loading properly on my install? or is this not fully finished?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

You need to check by another user and that user need to have a valid gateway. I have created a test account to check, you can delete this one, And I can see the button with that account.

Please let me know if you find this is helpful, or if you have any further questions.

Cheers
    Ash

• Gregory
    • Flash Drive

Attached Screenshot - not seeing a way to 'move to'

However, I did go through the process of clicking 'subscribe' on another subscription offering - this took me through the paypal test process and back... but that that test user now has two subscriptions... not the upgraded subscription.

Basically, each subscription is inclusive of the other... not supposed to be separate
    Is that possible with membership?

• Gregory
    • Flash Drive

If you switch to paypal single gateway, I can get the upgrade buttons and options... However, it doesn't seem to do automatic / recurring payments.

When switching back to paypalexpress I get the recurring payments but I don't get the upgrade options...

Something seems broken with that or I'm just missing some piece of how this is supposed to work.

On my phone now, but if you need I can send screenshots later, but you have access and should be able to replicate the issue

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I have just checked with test account with express gateway enabled. There was no upgrade button, but a link. That's because upgrade button is deprecated and I have replaced with a subscribe button.

Please check and let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.