subscription issues & levels not working

The site I created is very confusing. Why do I need to have both shortcodes on my subscription page in order for it to process someones upgraded subscription?

[subscriptionform]
[renewform]

Can someone please help?

• Amada

Hi thank you. Yes when I left no shortcode it showed an auto subscribe/update page but when you click on it it doesn't work.

I tried just using the appropriate shortcode assigned only and it still was showing to visitors a sign up form that doesn't work as well as the upgrade options.

Theoretically I assumed one page registered people and another upgraded their subscriptions. That's what I would prefer. I would also like the subscription page to only be visible to people who are already logged in so that it won't confuse new registrations.

Can you help me set it up correctly?

• Amada

Yes they didn't seem to work. Could you provide me the code? I have a free membership level and I have an event manager level. Also the subscription page registration always shows but does not work, it doesn't allow you to register for the site but as I mentioned if the code is not on the subscription page then it won't allow you to upgrade.

Is there a way to fix this please?

I want the registration form not to show at all to neither visitor, dancer, or event manager.

And I want the subscription form to only appear when someone is actually logged in so that they can just press the button and follow the prompts.

I do not want to see any registration form located on the upgrade subscription page because it is confusing.

Does this make sense?

Thank you for your help!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Amanda,

Hope you're enjoying the weekend so far :slight_smile:

I'm a little bit confused here. I have read over this multiple times and still not entirely sure what is happening. Sorry to ask, do you mind re-granting support access so I can take a closer look at your pages and membership settings?

I want the registration form not to show at all to neither visitor, dancer, or event manager.

You don't want visitors to be able to register?

And I want the subscription form to only appear when someone is actually logged in so that they can just press the button and follow the prompts.

You can try using the <!--more--> tag for this. Place "<!--more-->" at the top of your subscriptions post then go to your visitor access level and set "more tag" as a negative rule so anything after it is hidden from visitors. See if that method works.

I do not want to see any registration form located on the upgrade subscription page because it is confusing.

There shouldn't be a registration form on the subscriptions page as far as I know. Keep in mind you can always create your own custom account page with the shortcodes where users can manage their subscriptions.

Hope this helps and look forward to your reply Amanda :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Amada

I'm a little bit confused here. I have read over this multiple times and still not entirely sure what is happening. Sorry to ask, do you mind re-granting support access so I can take a closer look at your pages and membership settings?

You don't want visitors to be able to register?

"I want visitors to be able to sign up then choose to upgrade their membership to event manager status"

You can try using the <!--more--> tag for this. Place "<!--more-->" at the top of your subscriptions post then go to your visitor access level and set "more tag" as a negative rule so anything after it is hidden from visitors. See if that method works.

"Is the more tags the exact tags listed above? This will hide the subscription page from visitors? I want you to look first at it and then tell me what to fix"

There shouldn't be a registration form on the subscriptions page as far as I know. Keep in mind you can always create your own custom account page with the shortcodes where users can manage their subscriptions.

"The shortcodes don't seem to work. I don't know if I set things up wrong or if they just don't work. Please look at how its set up and tell me why its not working right. It needs to be tested as a visitor, and as a zombie/membership who needs to upgrade to event manager status via Paypal. Visitors should visit and decide on if they want to subscribe...then choose to be able to upgrade to event manager status. If they could choose to do it all in one visit to the site that would be great. I don't understand why they have to visit the site then sign up and then have to come back and login to upgrade their membership. All these steps makes it seem alot harder then i think it needs to be."

Thanks for your help.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Amanda,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for your patience.

I think I'm beginning to understand what you're after here.

"I want visitors to be able to sign up then choose to upgrade their membership to event manager status"

So, you want them to sign up then select and pay for their membership?

Instead of the default method of selecting the membership then signing up?

I'm thinking what you could do here is use a custom registration plugin like Gravity Forms or Formidable Pro. Then you can have your extra fields and also set a redirect to the Membership subscriptions after form completion.

I know Gravity Forms User Registration add-on also allows for conditional logic, so you could have an option in the form to select a certain membership and upon submission it will redirect you to that membership subscription button.

Am I on the right track here?

Thanks for your patience Amanda!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.