Subscription Levels Display

Ok, so last week I made a bunch of subscription levels, monthly basic, yearly basic, monthly activist and so on. Today I added basic quarterly and it is displaying down at the bottom on the user end registration page. I switched it in dashboard from 'display by ID' to display by name' and even put the letters, A., B., C., before each level in the order I wanted them to show up. However, on the user side, even after I clear the WP Cache, the Quarterly level is still at the bottom.

How can I go about making sure the levels are displayed in the order that makes the most sense?

Also, can I customize the default registration page with some text and images at the top of it, then I see I can use shortcode [subscriptionplans], but are there any shortcodes generated for the different plans I created so that if need be, I can circumvent the problem describe in the above paragraph?

• Arcanist
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have exactly same need.
    That is: Ability to control the order in which subscriptions are displayed.
    On admin side order alphabetically just changes the admin display not actual membership signup page.

I believe it is ordering by subscription id on actual registration page.

Will going in database and changing ids fix this problem ?
    I would like to confirm that this will not break anything and also the name of field to look for for this id.

• aristath
    • Recruit

True, the admin page only sorts the way they are displayed on the dashboard.

Subscriptions are ordered by ID, so instead of diving in the database and changing everything it would be best if you simply change the title and properties of the subscriptions from the edit subscriptions page so that they are properly ordered by ID when you're finished.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Arcanist
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Billzy: Any pointers to short code to create custom page ?

Ari: Too late too change titles, It is live site now with actual registered members and payments.

Am Also looking into adding weight field to subscriptions and then sort the display by weight field. It will be modding the plugin. I think that will be cleanest solution in long run.

Have already modded the plugin to allow editing expiry date for admins anyway. Is there procedure to contribute back mods ?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Too late too change titles, It is live site now with actual registered members and payments.

In that case you can't change their IDs either, unless you also change them it the users tables in the db as well!

Is there procedure to contribute back mods ?

For the time being there is no "official" way of doing this, but we do accept your contributions via email OR by simply creating a new post that describes and lists your "hacks".

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Arcanist

Here is what is working for me....

<h3>[subscriptiontitle subscription="1"]</h3>
    <p>[subscriptiondetails subscription="1"]</p>
    <p><strong>[subscriptionprice subscription="1"]</strong></p>
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="1"]

<h3>[subscriptiontitle subscription="2"]</h3>
    <p>[subscriptiondetails subscription="2"]</p>
    <p><strong>[subscriptionprice subscription="2"]</strong></p>
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="2"]

But order the numbers in the way you like... That's not the most up to date version of Membership but it still should work fine.

Cheers
    Billy

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Also Depending how yours is set up you may also need to get a bit more technical like I had to...

ie

[level-visitors]
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="1"]
    [/level-visitors]
    [not-level-visitors]
    <p>If you are looking to upgrade, please visit <a href="http://domain.com.au/subscriptions/">Your Subscriptions</a> page.</p>
    [/not-level-visitors]

Thus because in this particular example, I need the users to not signup to 2 packs at once, I need to send them over to upgrade to move forward. Anyways both willl work, this one just factors in a few extra considerations with signup/upgrade .etc

My last 2 posts should help reorder your subscriptions..

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.