Subscription page missing option to upgrade

Hi

I have come across an issue where in setting up a subscription page and using [renewform] I am getting no option to actually do the upgrade. Please take a look at my screenie.
Is this correct what is displayed?

Kind Regards
Mark

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark,

I hope you are well today.

That's quite a strange error that it also doesn't work on the 2012 theme, can you try disabling your other plugins and then seeing how it looks on the 2012 theme, can I have a link to the page in question?

I haven't been able to replicate this error.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark,

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay, I've just been taking a look at this.

In membership > options > membership pages, you have the subscription and accounts page set to the same page, this is why the option to upgrade may not be showing, as they either need to be separate pages or if you want them on the same page, you need to create a page, (you can place any content on said page), but it must contain the following two shortcodes.

[accountform]
     [renewform]

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• mark_bonito
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack

Thanks for getting back to me.

That is exactly as I had it. I created a new page and used those codes. I have now tried removing the page for account leaving only the page I created with the code for [renewform]
    Still same css problem.

If I leave the page options blank for renewing where would the member be able to view the default interface to renew?

Regards
    Mark

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Mark,

I have just been checking everything and changed a couple of things to double check (changed back now), but no difference, the CSS is extremely messed up, even more so when you click the sign up now button.

And the upgrade button won't show, I'm going to flag Barry on this to provide his valuable insight, as I've used your exact setup and the upgrade button is working, so I'm a little lost as to why it won't for you.

Some info for Barry:

Upgrade period Limit: 0 days

Access levels 4 (including my test one, visitor, monthly, free (for free trial) and yearly.

Subscription plans 2, both will free trials

monthly can't upgrade to yearly plan.

Gateway, PayPal express only.

CSS is also not loading on the sign up page.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

What gateways are your users / members shown as being on in your membership -> members page?

I notice above that you are using the shortcodes on your pages, but is also appears that you are setting the pages in the options page. You don't need to do both and it may be worth removing the shortcodes from the pages you already have set up in the membership options as the subscription / account pages.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark,

I hope you are well today, glad the issue is resolved! :slight_smile:

With regards to the CSS, i haven't noticed any further problems, is there anything you have noticed that isn't correct or you believe may not be correct? Don't hesitate to bring them up if there are :slight_smile:

Also with regards to the renew button, that will depend on your settings in membership > options > extras, membership renewal period, but if you are using PayPal express or similar along with serial subscription's where they automatically renew the renewal button won't show :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.