Subscription Page, no buttons for upgrade

I have created 2 subscriptions for my page. A Free level subscription, and a Paid Level Subscriptions. both are active and public. I have both set to serial. Free level starts off as serial-free, then second level is paid. Paid level only has the paid option.

I have both Free gateway and paypall express gateway active.

Under options I the free level subscription set to the free subscription, enable incomplete is on.

The problem is when a new user creates a login in and choses free. If they then goto the subscription link as if they wanted to now upgrade to paid account. They are what is the attatched image.

The problem is even though there is the option for them to upgrade. There is no link or button, so they have nothing to click on to make it happen.

What can I do to fix this? Ive seen multiple other threads on this same subject, but no one was actually given a way to solve it.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

I deactivated, unistalled, and reinstalled the plug in.

Now suddenly

wp_m_communications Missing

If I tell it to repair tables, it says it fixed it.
    However if you recheck after that it says its missing again.

Also nothing updates now and plugin not working.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there, and Welcome to WPMUdev forums :slight_smile:

There is a bit of a stink right now with this membership release, we are still working out the bugs from a major rewrite so we are so glad you are reporting and bearing with us

Can you check and see if your Members are Activated in the Dashboard>Members>All Members, also which gateway is showing there? which gateways do you have activated?

this will give us a good place to start :slight_smile:

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Hello Kimberly

Under Dashboard>Members>All Members

Admin is Active and shows nothing under Gateway.

Both of my "test" accounts are listed as active and Gateway is admin.

As far as gateways I have both Free membership gateway and Paypal Express Gateway active.

I was able to solve my wp_m_communications error with another fresh install.

So the current issues are:
    No Button/Link to upgrade subscription.
    Subscription page says "this is the page to change, upgrade, or cancel your subscription", However there is also no buttons for canceling.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

I have the same results no matter what Gateways I have active.

Also under members section, if I go to change their gateway (currently listed as admin) i have no other options to change it to anything. Only Admin is an option.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dpaynex,

I just quickly looked at the first post here:

I have both Free gateway and paypall express gateway active.

For your site, you'll only want to use the PayPall Express gateway. If you have a free portion, enter in a 0 for the amount in the subscription settings.

Deactivate the free gateway and test a new signup please.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

I removed the free gateway.

Now when creating a test account, and select the free membership, it does say free and takes me to the welcome page.

However when you click subscriptions, it says something along the lines of "you do not have any current subscriptions".

Also when logged in as admin Dashboard>All Members

It shows the test account as active, but nothing listed for subscription, level, or gateway. If I manually add them to the free subscription, it then automatically puts them into the correct user level, but gateway becomes Admin with no other options.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Just an update. I have gotten it setup so members registering for the free membership, now creates an account that shows up with the correct subscription and access level. However Gateway still shows as "Admin".

When you create a new account, it tells you that you have successfully registered and asks if you would like to update now.

However clicking on subscription still takes you the subscription page. It says

Your Current Subscriptions are listed here. You can renew, cancel, or upgrade your subscription using the forums below.

Free Subscription
    your membership is set to automatically renew

Upgrade from free subscription.
    Move to: Paid Subscription

However there are no links/buttons to click in order to do so.

So im making progress. However the original problem of No buttons for upgrade or cancel still persists.

Also, when testing a paid subscription. They are directed to paypal. The transaction works and I receive payment. They are told it was successfull. But under membership it shows them active but set to the free membership. So basically nothing is working right....

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

upgraded to the new RC3 version.

Same problems persist.

All accounts show as gateway admin

Paid accounts are charged, funds goes through, but membership puts them at the free level subscription, not the paid level.

Free accounts and Paid accounts have no buttons/links under subscription to cancel or upgrade.

Is there a better method of getting support for this plugin? Ive been pulling my hair out for 3 days over this and getting nowhere. And waiting half a day per reply is not going to help me get this sorted anytime soon.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Im at my wits end. I just cant seem to figure out why this plugin refuses to work for me. I have followed the advice here and in countless of other threads. None of the solutions are working for me. So here is a GIANT! screenshot thread of all my options. Because honestly, Im on my last leg.

Problems I am having:

Registering under the "free subscription" puts the user with no defined subscription, no defined access level, and no gateway. And user sees "you do not have a subscription" on their end.

Registering with the "paid" subscription, puts the under defined as a free user.... wth?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dpaynex,

When you see a member marked with a gateway set to admin, this technically means that they didn't sign up with a gateway (or don't have a gateway attached to them), which means the plugin doesn't know which upgrade button to show.

This can happen when you manually assign someone to a level or if they signed up using the free gateway. Neither of these are things you want to do for your members.

Looking through your settings I didn't find anything that immediately seemed off, but being able to test a signup ourselves or look at your member rules directly would be helpful. Any way we can get a link and run a test signup?

Thanks. You'll get there, we're here to help :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @dpaynex,

I took a look (thanks for the link) and it is still acting like something is not setup properly with the gateways. If you're ok with me logging in and having a look around it's possible I can spot something that's been overlooked.

Shoot a message to my attention via the contact form here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Make sure to include a link referencing this thread. I'm about done for the day (getting late here in EST) so I may have to wait till tomorrow to look at it with a clear head, but we'll get it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

So few things im noticing.

Free Gateway deactivated
    members can make new accounts, however even when going through registration and selecting free acount (which is actually just a normal subscription with price set to 0.00) they are made active, but with no sub, no level, and no gateway.

Free Gateway Activated
    Members register, now it actually shows a subscribe button, for no cost. When member hits subscribe, they are activated, sub is set to free, access set to free, but gateway set to admin.

Also, doing a test register for the paid subscription. Member registers, subscribes to the paid membership, is sent to paypal, then redirected to site. Paypal gets the transaction, i get a IPN history, and funds go through. However in membership, it puts them in the free member sub, free member access, and gateway admin.

So it looks like all my problems are Gateway related?

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Im logged out of the site right now. So feel free to login in and see what you can find.

Ive pretty much tried everything at some point and still cant seem to find the problem. So i was going to wait and see what you guys come up with.

Thanks for the help.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Okay, Have made some headway here :slight_smile:

We have found an issue within the plugin that needs to be addressed that affects the registration. However I have a workaround in place that will get your users registered, assigned to a subscription, active and able to upgrade.

It will require you to temporarily keep Incomplete signups enabled.

Check it out and let me know if it's going well for you now.

I'll attach pics of what I saw :slight_smile:

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

just made a test account. Under subscription there is still no way to upgrade. It shows your current subscription, shows theres an upgrade, but no button or anything to push to do so. Is the subscription link in the navbar and the page it brings you to where you are supposed to be able to upgrade? The page setting says this is were you can cancel or upgrade, but i have never seen any buttons or links to do so on that page.

New account gateways are still showing up as admin under the membership plug in. Is this ok? I was told earlier that if the gateway shows as Admin its because the gateway you have active was not able to be used for some reason, so its an error. is that correct?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

We are looking into fixing a few things that seem to break the gateway assignment, but you are fine with it as it is for now. The only work around right now is if you create a Finite subscription for the free level. Then things seem to work out the way we intend.

Sorry about this but we really want to have a real fix instead of just work around advice for you guys. :slight_smile:

I can log in again and check around again just incase if you would like.

Best,

Kimberly

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

I understand, and I appreciate all the work you guys do.

The one thing im just not clear on is the whole upgrade or cancel subscription page.

When a user makes an account, free or paid, and goes to the subscription page, it says "here you can view, cancel, or upgrade your subscription"

But there is no button/link/etc. So how are they suppossed to do that? Should there be buttons? Do I only I not have buttons?

If there is not suppossed to be any buttons then im good to go, the text the plugin puts there automatically just makes it sound like there should be a way to cancel or upgrade from that page. I just dont see anything to allow them to do so.

Also, just tried setting the free membership to finite like you said, just to see. Doesnt change anything on my end, even when you make a new account under the finite free subscription, it all looks the same, and even says "your subscription will renew automatically" even though its set to 1 day finite.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Still looking for a response.

When a user makes an account, free or paid, and goes to the subscription page, it says "here you can view, cancel, or upgrade your subscription"
    But there is no button/link/etc. So how are they suppossed to do that? Should there be buttons? Do I only I not have buttons?
    If there is not suppossed to be any buttons then im good to go, the text the plugin puts there automatically just makes it sound like there should be a way to cancel or upgrade from that page. I just dont see anything to allow them to do so.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I know you are trying to get this fixed up, and we are as well.

Looking into a few things further there seems to be a discrepancy with how the plugin was designed and with how it's actually being used by our members.

So we are trying to find a way to make this work as best we can as fast as we can. Unfortunately this is one time where our teams' time zone differences really comes in to play and we can only move so fast in our respective time zone :slight_smile:

I will log back in to see if I can get it to work the same as I had during testing to make sure nothing is missing.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your understanding and I respect your anxiousness to see this done.

Kimberly

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Kim.

Yeah, basically all im trying to do is have 2 levels of membership. The only difference is the free level cannot create groups, and the paid level can. Other than that they are the exact same.

Right now I can do that with the plugin. The only problem comes into play when a free member wants to become a paid member, there is no upgrade button or way to make that happen without registering all over again. And Paid members have no way to cancel that paid subscription without emailing me and having me go in manually to do it.

I really do appreciate all your teams help, I know the time zone thing makes it hard.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dpaynex,

Based on yours and other members feedback we're re-thinking how we're doing the gateways a bit. We altered the process between 2.x to 3.0 in order to provide more flexibility with free levels, but obviously there's a disconnect in the process here.

We're addressing it and again, apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience here.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

No Thank you,

You guys have been great working with me and everyone else on this. I cant think a single company that goes out of there and logs in to your site to try and help you. The customer service and your products are fantastic.

really looking forward to what you come up with.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dpaynex,

Please head over to membership and grab the version that's now there:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

You won't notice much difference in the interface, but the ability to create a FREE option has been greatly streamlined in the admin. In my tests this now works correctly by setting a payment to $0 for any subscription.

Anxious to see if this fixes your issues here so please give it a shot and let us know how it goes for ya.

Thanks again!

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Do I need to setup anything up differently?

Just updated the plugin.

Still have 2 subscriptions. One set as $0 and one at $10 serial.

Made a new test account. All free memberships are still assigned gateway admin, and there is still no button showing up under subscription page to upgrade or cancel.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Ok, I just made a change to your settings:

You had the free level subscription set to serial for one year and then serial for a month. This is incorrect, it should be serial for a finite time period (one year) and then move to the serial option. I made this change and now am able to get to the paypal portion.

Give it a whirl and see if it works for you (my test username was mjamestest).

Also, I noticed that after a year it went to serial but the time period was marked to 1 day. This means each day they would be charged $1.

Hope this helps. Let us know. Thanks!

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

I had 1 last question and then im good to close this thread down.

All of the cancel and upgrade buttons are working now.

Except if you make a free subscription account, it says

Upgrades available, move to "Paid Subscription"

But the button says "no upgrades available". Is there a reason its saying this instead of just allow the free subscription to pay for the upgraded subscription?

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Example,

this is what you see under subscription when you make a free account.

I think i may have my subscriptions wacky.

Basically I just want 2 levels.

Free Level, costs 0$, never expires, lasts forever
    Paid Level: set cost that renews automatically every month.

But I want the options for free users to upgrade to paid, and be able to cancel at a future date and be back at the free level.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

This is because membership has a limitation in allowing members to upgrade/move to another subscription. I believe by default it's 24 hours, but you can actually set it to a specific number of days through the settings in Membership>Options>Extras.

The purpose is to keep folks from "gaming" the system by picking one plan and then immediately moving to another. Hope this helps!

• webbutvecklarna
    • New Recruit

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version, 3.0.1, of Membership and have the same issue. The gateway says admin and I have no option to change it. I guess that's why I can't list the users subscriptions on the profile page. I have a custom profile page and are trying to list the subscriptions for the user with <?php echo do_shortcode("[renewform]"); ?> in the template file. I can see the text but no buttons just like dpaynex.

I have only one gateway activated, PayPal Express Gateway. It's def a gateway issue.

• webbutvecklarna
    • New Recruit

Well, I think i'll leave it to you guys.

I changed $active = get_option('M_active_gateways', array());

to $active = get_option('membership_activated_gateways', array());

Then I got some results in the array. And then I changed if(array_key_exists($key, $active)) { on row 1185

to if(in_array($key, $active)) {

and got some options in the second select. But I have no idea how you planned this plugin so it's hard for me to trace back everything in order to find the bug.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

Im still only getting the "Upgrades not Available" button on the subscription page. Under options the upgrade limit is set 1 day. But even a week later I still get the "upgrades not available" button.

I get the same results regardless if the subscription is set to finite, infinite, or serial. And yes I have the upgrade setup in the subscription as well, below the free level in the dripped content area.

• dpaynex
    • Flash Drive

@Barry,

are referring to my problem or webbutveklarna?

I havent heard any word yet on my ever days after the 1 day setting on upgrades, my free members cannot upgrade to a paid membership and still get the "upgrades not available" button.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.