Subscription Plans in Membership Plugin

Hi Folks,

A few questions about Membership plugin.

1) Automatic billing

Are there options for both a one-off (manual) billing and a reoccurring billing as well?

If so, can I offer both options or is it an either/or?

2) Changing Plans

It has been proposed to me that I offer both monthly and annual subscriptions since sometimes the buyers in the market I service have cash flow problems (don't we all!).

So what I would do is offer a higher priced monthly plan, the a decent discount if someone committed a year at a time.

My questions are related to what happens if a person started on one plan, then wanted to change to another.

If they were on a reoccurring billing, I guess they would have to cancel the current plan, then subscribe to another where as if it were manual they would just purchase the one they want next - right?

If they do this (change back and forth between plans), are there any problems in the membership plugin - such as their not being able to re-use their E-mail address for the login that I need to be aware of?

Thanks for any and all advice!

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

1) Automatic billing

Are there options for both a one-off (manual) billing and a reoccurring billing as well?

If so, can I offer both options or is it an either/or?

Just start here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership#usage view and read the manual and it will clearly explain how subscriptions work.

It sets up Automatic billing for the subscription plans you create. If you want manual billing, you can simply have a contact form on your website where you can ask the user to send you an email with the plan of his choice, he can transfer funds and you can create an account for him.

2) Changing Plans

You can create different subscription plans and use same access level for them and the member can then choose which one is best for him.

He will have a choice to upgrade/downgrade his membership from his account itself when he changes the subscription plan, the old subscription will be cancelled and a new one will be created :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.