Subscription status email notifications not being sent

I've custom configured some HTML email templates and want to test them out, is there a way to automatically do that?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Zeus,

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid there's no native function in Membership 2 to send test emails. In order to test this functionality, you need to create a dummy account.

I'll also ping our SLS Team to get their valuable feedback on this issue. Perhaps there's a hook or URL string I'm not aware of that can be used.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Zeus ,

As my colleague James already mentioned there's no function set for this. I've prepared a snippet which combines some of the plugin's filters and some javascript which should do the trick.

To test it you can download the file from here:
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/ca31356e3bfca349529e1bdbdb0a6f21

Unzip it and upload it to wp-content/mu-plugins folder ( if that folder doesn't exist you can simply create it ).

Then visit admin > Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses tab.

In the bottom of the form it should add a new section like this:

Fill in the email and select a membership and it should send an email to that address to check how it looks.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Zeus ,

This message is when either the wp_mail function fails ( eg if you are on localhost ) or possibly if the communications posts has not been created. If you are not on localhost could you click the Save button first in the "Automated Email Responses" page and let us know if you still get this error message?

Thanks!

• Zeus
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Team! Not sure if this is a bug, but while I was testing the email for my default automated emails I noticed that the email that was sent was from the specific automated email on the membership and not the default. I quickly updated both emails and its sending correctly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.