Subscriptions and credits plugin options

I recently visited a site that sold a membership for $49 usd and included 20 credits to apply to purchasing services offered. If you don't have a membership you can not use the site.
Then when you have used your 20 credits you can purchase more credits. Here is a scap of the added credits approach: https://snag.gy/pLcrOa.jpg

Can membership2 be used in such away ? I would like to offer a membership site that is usage sensitive or unlimited. I am not sure I really like credits but would like maybe to up charge the membership when they use the site more. Like a video site concept, say you get to watch 5 videos for your membership fee and when you watch the 6th video you pay extra. I know how to do unlimited but any ideas on adding a pay for what you use pre purchase or after the fact ?

A quick search of wordpress plugins at wordpress.org did not really show anything.

Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lee,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Membership 2 Pro plugin currently doesn't support "points" and doesn't include that kind of membership protection. It can protect content on "time base" rather than "quantity base". It does however include an API that can be used to interact with it and/or enhance it.

Since you did not find any suitable solution among existing plugins, I think that would require some custom development. Paired with myCred plugin that provides quite an advanced "points handling" solution, that should be doable, I think. Here's the idea:

1. Setup myCred so users would be able to buy points; there are various add-ons available for that so it's pretty flexible

2. Setup Membership 2 Pro and create a standard membership (I'll refer to it as "Membership" later on), set it to be free with infinite access and make it not public (so users wouldn't be able to sign up for it)

3. Use that membership to protect your content

4. Both myCred and Membership 2 Pro include API that can be used to "connect them" together. Therefore there could be a custom script created that would work like that:

- whenever a page/post is loaded it checks (using myCred API) whether a logged in user does have some points or not
    - if user have points it checks (using Membership 2 Pro API) if that user is a member of "Membership" and if he/she is not, it assigns him/her that "Membership";
    - as a result whenever user visits protected content, he/she can see it
    - then the script deducts a point (using myCred API)

and so on

- then when script detects that points went down to 0, it again uses Memembership 2 Pro API to remove the "Membership" from a user so as a result user is not able to view the content (because Membership 2 Pro protects it) and instead is give a Protection Message (defined in Membership 2 Pro settings) that can e.g. include a "call to action" and a link to buy more points.

I think such a setup could be created though it would require some custom development based on myCred and Membership 2 Pro API. For a custom development you may want to ask on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.