Subscriptions and Membership levels

I want to create a drip content subscription (SubA) that has 7 levels. I want all of the content to be on one page.

The first level lasts one day and provides general information. Each of the next six levels contains one webinar and possibly other PDF documents (and lasts one week a piece).

When I create this subscription and a member moves from level 1 to level 2 in my subscription, will they be able to see all past level information? For example, when they move to level 2, I want them to see the first webinar + the general information. When they move to level 3, I want them to see the current webinar, the level 2 information, and the level 1 information.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Donna,

Hope you are doing well today and thanks for your question!

When I create this subscription and a member moves from level 1 to level 2 in my subscription, will they be able to see all past level information?

Yes, you just have to make sure that the access level includes access to the previous content :slight_smile: so, you're almost using a duplicate of the previous level except you are granting access to the new level 2 information then when you go to level 3 the access rules need to include all level 1, 2, 3.

Hope that helps Donna! Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We're happy to assist.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Donna

Thanks for the reply. However, I am still confused on exactly how to accomplish this.

When creating the access levels, I do not see an easy way to grant access to other levels.

The big thing is that I want all the content on one page.

So, for example, I have two levels. I tried nesting levels, but the shortcodes did not work properly.

(1)
      [level 1]
      [level 2]
      Stuff for level 2
      [/level 2]
      Stuff for level 1
      [/level 1]

I thought if someone was at level 1, then the level 2 info would just not be displayed. But, the shortcodes showed up, so nesting does not work.

(2)
      [level 1]
      Stuff for level 1
      [/level 1]

[level 2]
      Stuff for level 2
      [/level 2]

In this case, I know that if someone is at one of the two levels, then they will see one of the two blocks. However, in a subscription, if they move from level 1 to level 2...will the level 1 block be invisible moving forward?

(3)
      [level 1]
      Stuff for level 1
      [/level 1]

[level 2]
      Stuff for level 1
      Stuff for level 2
      [/level 2]

I know that this setup would work perfectly fine, but it requires copying content to each new level which seems to defeat the purpose of drip content.

----------------------
      Is there a better way to do this or am I missing something in setting up the access levels?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Donna,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your reply.

My apologies, I missed a key point in your original message that you just pointed out:

The big thing is that I want all the content on one page.

My solution above won't work for this as you have found out. Membership wasn't designed to perform dripped content on a single page.

I know that this setup would work perfectly fine, but it requires copying content to each new level which seems to defeat the purpose of drip content.

I believe this is the only way to achieve this all on one page. It would still appear streamlined to the user with this method.

The best way to do dripped content is to place the content on separate pages. Then you can easily manage this through access levels by adding in the new content page as the levels progress. You can keep an index of all your content on one page as sort of a "home page" for your content :slight_smile:

The access level shortcodes don't work well for dripped content because you can't have 2 access levels applied at the same time during a drip.

I hope this helps Donna! More than happy to answer any further questions/concerns here.

All the best,
        Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.