Subscriptions and timing

My clients need the option to have certain subscriptions be Annual and then have optional add-on plans that run from 1/1 through 12/31 regardless of time of signup.

Any love on how to get that set?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jon_f__martin,

Thank you for letting me know, it is certainly appreciated.

Unfortunately this is not the way the plugin works, both Membership and Pro Sites are going to start the subscription on the date it is ordered and indeed PayPal itself will enforce the subscription dates if PayPal is the chosen gateway and I suspect the like with the other gateways.

Membership and Pro Sites do not maintain the data for the subscription, it is being processed by the Merchant.

If in fact it was processed and maintained by the plugins themselves then one must have there own SSL certificate, prove PCI compliance with the merchant accounts etc. not limited to but including who has access to what data and where the data is maintained.

This is way beyond what most users would need or go through to have a Membership site.

However, there is a way for you to still pursue this considering the above if you still desire by alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Or you could always approach someone like Tweaky though this may be indeed too heavy of a project for them, but that is obviously not for me to contemplate.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Jon F. Martin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Joe,

No I am bit confused...
    they do need subscriptions to run from the day they sign up for 1 year as well as additional subscription options for monthly subscriptions and quarterly.

Is that still possible with Membership?

It is only ONE option that needs to end at year end. - they may have to change that.

• marshal_datkowitz
    • Flash Drive

Joe,

Along the lines of setting a predetermined expiration date for a membership -- is it possible using PayPal Simple Payments? The situation is there is a yearly membership period starting March 31 2012 going to March 31 2013. I would like all subscriptions to end March 31 2013 no matter when they paid.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jon and Marshal,

Gentlemen you are both missing the point that I am trying to point out here.

If the member signs up initially for a year, the subscription is created on PayPal's side and there is nothing you can do to change the dates no matter what short of cancelling the subscription on PayPal - irrelevant what you do in the Membership plugin.

What could very well happen is that you end up with them subscribing again and two subscriptions now working on PayPal one when they resubscribe and then the original.

I am guessing what you folks are missing is if in fact a subscription is indeed created, no matter what we do in PayPal can change that subscription unless it is cancelled and then recreated by the end user.

As Marshal mentioned about using simple payments I do not know of this option - However, using PayPal Solo Payment Gateway may indeed be the answer.

In fact then they will be subject to the Membership plugins subscription settings rather then PayPal's because it does not create a subscription.

Comments folks?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.