Subscriptions short code not working with Popup plugin

I have created a popup, using the Popup plugin, which contains the shortcode [subscribe-by-email-form] from the Subscription plugin.

When the user inserts their email address and presses submit they are not added to Subscriptions user list.

I have set the form submit behavior to the option for AJAX forms and also tried the other settings, none have worked.

• Mark
    • New Recruit

Using page footer worked but only if I removed URL rules. I had the following rules defined:

Popup shown less than: 3
    Not from an internal link: True

I retested only defining the Popup shown less than criteria and it broke again.

There appears to be some kind of bug around the display conditions.

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hello Mark,

Hope you're well today!

After I create and visit the homepage. I can now see the popup:http://prntscr.com/5cpr23 . The rule you implement is it shows the PopUp if the user has only seen it less than a specific number of times. Perhaps the account you are using met the condition that's why the popup is not showing?

Looking forward for your reply! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• Mark
    • New Recruit

No Calvin. The problem isn't that I dont see the popup, it is that the subscription form in the popup isnt working. When I add a user to the email list using the form the user does not get added to my list. If I have no rules defined, the form works. If I define any of the conditions it does not seem to work. Again, this has nothing to do with seeing the popup. The popup behaves as expected, the subscription form submission does not.

Please look again.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mark,

I have troubleshooted the issue on my test site using latest version of pop up and subscribe by email plugins. I found the form works fine in the pop up when i don't use any pop up condition or use "Popup shown less than" condition.

But the form in the pop up doesn't work when i use the "Not from an internal link" pop up condition. I tried using different pop up loading methods and pop up Form submit methods but din't get any success to make it work therefore i have notified the plugin developer about this issue so that it can be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

I know this is a quite old thread, but I just tested the Subscribe by Email integration with latest PopUp pro and it was working for me.

Please note that it will only work with the Page Footer loading method - the other Loading methods are not supported for this use-case.

Please let us know in case you still have any issues with the Subscribe by Email integration :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.