Subscriptions - URGENT

Hi guys,

I have a REAL problem with my subscriptions in my membership plugin.

What I did :
- my users were under joomla, so I migrated all of them under wordpress.
- some of them are free members, and the others are paying members.
- on the joomla website, they were using another gateway than paypal
- on wordpress, i set up the paypalexpress gateway only
- paying members were migrated with there subscription expiry dates

What is the problem ?
- there is no problem for the free members, because they can subscribe to my subscriptions using the paypal buttons
- I have a BIG problem with my paying members :

> When they are logged in, they have the button "cancel subscription" that appear, but because they never used paypal, they can't cancel anything. They also can't upgrade there subscription, because the sub does not exist.
> Moreover, it says that the sub will be renewed automatically, which is not true. We tried with a test profile, that expired, and the result is the same. The sub is still active, and the member cannot pay for the new sub, or renew it. And he has still access to the restricted content.

I was supposed to LAUNCH my website today, and I discovered this problem today.
ANYONE can help me fix this please ?

What I want :
- The member (migrated members) can pay on paypal when his sub has finished.
- The message "your sub will renew automatically" should not appears for migrated members.

That problem REALLY makes me crazy.

Thank you for your support.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings exnet,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Membership plugin.

- The member (migrated members) can pay on paypal when his sub has finished.

Then you need to assign them to the PayPal gateway and you can do this by first selecting the applicable members by checking the tick box next to the user name, then you want to choose Move Gateway form the bulk actions drop down menu.

- The message "your sub will renew automatically" should not appears for migrated members.

Then I suggest you adjust the coding to have it display what you want and this may disappear depending on your gateway settings and once you assign them a gateway as mentioned above.

Otherwise we will have to manually change the text one way or another but let me know how it goes after you have changed the gateway.

In any event, it would be in your best interest to upgrade to the latest version of Membership and deal with any related issues on that very page.

Please advise to how it goes with changing the gateways and the message.

Cheers, Joe

• exnet
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Joe,
    Thank you very much for your answer.

We asisgned to the migrated member, the paypalexpress gateway.
    So I don't need to change this, because it is already done.
    The problem, is that when a sub expires, it is still active, and the member can still access the private content.
    Moreover, they can't "renew" there sub, because they never used paypal before, you see ?

Can I send you my admin access, and also the profile member test, so you can understand more what I mean ?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The problem, is that when a sub expires, it is still active, and the member can still access the private content.

How are you determining that the sub expires?

Moreover, they can't "renew" there sub, because they never used paypal before, you see ?

Yes, which is why you shouldn't add them to the PayPal express gateway as that requires them to have an associated subscription in PayPal. You should use the PayPal single payments gateway instead.

• exnet

Hey Barry !!

Well, the expiration is determined by the expiry date that is is the database. In my wpadmin, this is the data in the column "level expires".

Ok I moved the gateway from express to signle, and it works great.
    So I have 2 gateways activated : paypalexpress and single.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Well, the expiration is determined by the expiry date that is is the database. In my wpadmin, this is the data in the column "level expires".

Yes, but if the user hasn't logged in, or with the beta version, the cron hasn't fired for that user yet then the admin area will still show that the subscription exists. As soon as one of those happens, then the transition code is run and the subscription is removed from their account. The cron and transition requires user traffic to progress the users through the subscriptions.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Barry ?

Sorry, some of us have to sleep :slight_smile:

I understand that the member update will be made by the cron, but do I need to set this up , or it is done auto ?

Can you grab beta 3 - there was a bug in beta 2 that mean't it didn't pull in all expiring subscription information.

• exnet

Sorry Barry, know you need to sleep, I launch the website in less than an hour, and I'm under little pressure lol :smiley:

I've installed the beta 3.4.4 beta2 ... ouarf, ok lemme see where I can get the beta3.
    So I don't need to do anything else once installed ? :slight_smile:

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

So I don't need to do anything else once installed ? :slight_smile:
    I mean for the cron ?

No, it will check subscriptions hourly unless there are a lot, then it will process every 15 minutes until it gets them back under the limit and carry on hourly again.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings exnet,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.