Subsite give 500 error and I am unable to login to the dashboard

Subsite giving 500 internal server error. Also, unable to login into dashboard.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Christian

Does your hosting support wildcard subdomain? I don't see any setting for subdomain. I don't also see DNS zone editor.

Please ask your host if your package support wildcard subdomain. If they don't, then you can't have subdomain based multisite. For a subdomain based multisite, wildcard subdomain must.

Please let us know what you hear back from your host. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Christian
    • New Recruit

They Definitely do allow multi site with subdomains, in fact everything was working as of Thursday 3/7/19. I had a Working Multi Site with 2 subdomains. Full wordpress installation, Themes, and network activated plugins

This all worked last week. I have wild cards subdomain set up it looks like " *.themostreliable.com "

I also had the following Sub Domains Health.TheMostReliable.com and Smart.TheMostReliable.com.

I gave Access to the cpanel, I can send Links the the DNS zone Editor. Let me know what i need to do my company needs this resolved as soon as possible.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Christian

Yes, I got your cPanel login and checked and still can't find the subdomain menu link:

Also, you mentioned about three subdomains - smart, health and a wildcard. But your system says one subdomain:

However, the real two subdomains are showing the same error:

So, it's definitely not related to multisite. Also, the error you are seeing, is related to vhost or htaccess misconfiguration. I have checked htaccess and that looks good. But the vhost can be checked by only the host.

Would you please take some time and contact your host regarding this? Ask them why your real subdomains even not working. Let us know what they say.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Christian
    • New Recruit

Hey Ash,

Sorry for the mix-up, They were actually subdomains added through wordpress multi site that were working last week. and months prior. Not separate subdomains I only created them after creating wordpress multisite. I will call my host to check on VHOST configuration or VPS configuration but is there something that I should be asking for specifically?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.