Subsite not working on new Multisite & Multi-DB

Hi,

I just created a new Multisite with one sub-site as at test. Thanks for all the great instructions! I installed Multi-DB and move-blogs worked perfectly. All tables show up in the right databases.

Unfortunately, when I create a new sub-site, logged out and under register, I get a 404 Not Found error when I attempt to activate.

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Patrick,

Yes, part of the issue was solved in the other thread. But then I discovered that new siteblogs were getting the error. I haven't had time to get back to it until now. Thought I wiould start a fresh thread.
    Chuck S.

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

Two discoveries.

1. My other mulitsites are on shared IP's. In order to use the Domain Mapping Plugin I had my host create a separate dedicated IP. db-config asks for the first three number series of the IP address, excluding the fourth series. That made the sites work in a shared environment. Example:

add_dc_ip('XX.XXX.XXX.', 'dc1'); (don't forget the (.) period after the third series.)

When I changed to the full dedicated IP, including the fourth series, the sub-sites I had moved over began to resolve correctly. Example:

add_dc_ip('XX.XXX.XXX.XXX', 'dc1'); (do not use a (.) period after the fourth series.)

2. New sub-sites were being created, but the activation link generated a cpanel 404 error.

During setup, I had copied a db-config file from a working multisite and did a search/replace to set up the new multisite. I discovered that the db-config in the current plugin download had a modest change, the addition of "table" in the add_global_table code line.

add_global_table('user_global');
    vs.
    add_global_table('user_global_table');

I've made the changes to the db-config file and everything now seems to be working, including new sub-sites.

Hope this helps someone else.

Chuck S.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@ChuckS

Congrats on figuring it out!

And thanks for posting your solution. It's sure to come in handy for other members like @hpidriver.

I'm going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you still need more help on this, simply re-open the thread by ticking the Mark as Not Resolved (re-open) box below.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.