Successfully canceled the PayPal Recurring Payment

I have a big problem - all the recurring payments are canceled automatically. I just spoke with the Paypal support, and they said that is something from the website.
I got this message from Paypale: You successfully canceled the following PayPal Recurring Payment profile. We will no longer bill the buyer. If you did not request this cancellation, contact PayPal Customer Support toll-free at 1-888-221-1161.

But I never canceled any payment.

Not even sure what other details should I give you. I grant you access to the website anyway. Thank you and sorry for bothering you.

Mario

• Mario

Hi Vaughan,

I was looking now to see the latest website where the payment was canceled. The user has a different address for paypal, so it's actually a guess for what website did he/she paid. I don't have any sites where the subscription has expired, at least I hope I don't have. I don't really receive any notification about the subscription - just that they were created. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and I still have to learn/discover how the management of ProSites works.

I tried to find a way to filter and see only the Pro sites, can't find this option either. I can't even say which is the website that was upgraded. I looked back a few pages (on "Sites" page), but can't find any with Elite status. I can say I'm a bit lost :slight_frown:

Also, re. the IPN:

No IPN messages matching the search criteria were found.
    The IPN feature is turned off. You must turn on IPN in order to create history data.

and when I tried to switch it on, I got this:

You must enter a properly formatted URL into the Notification URL field in order to activate Instant Payment Notification.

What URL should I use?

Sorry for bothering you and thank you for all your support!

• Mario

So I was contacted by the user - the website is "equity"
    That was the only way I could figure out what the website is. And the website was not "upgraded", so I had to do that manually.

2015-12-14 6:20:21 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: PayPal returned an error:
    2015-12-14 6:20:16 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Elite: €**.00 EUR every 3 months) - Profile ID: I-***********

• Jude

Hey @Mario

Sorry about the extreme delay on this one

Can you please send in

Subject: "Attn: Jude "
    - WordPress super admin/ admin username + password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel details
    - phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )
    - MySQL details ( IF you dont have phpmyadmin)

-link back to this thread for reference

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers
    Jude

• Nastia

Hello Mario!

I hope you are doing well today!

What modules you have enabled on your installation? Have you inserted the correct IPN URL as my colleague Tyler has suggested above?

I don't get to many payments, since I have to keep this project in beta until the issue is fixed

Is the subscription cancellation happens to few members only? Is these members have been added manually?

so I didn't know till today that the issue is still there.

Did you tested it again and the subscription was cancelled? Would you please post here the usernames of the members and the blog IDs where this issue is happening?

Do you have a development copy of your site so we could do some testing? If you don have would you please create one and send to us your credentials?

Please include the following:
    Subject: "Attn: Nastia "
    - cPanel details
    - phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )
    - MySQL details ( IF you dont have phpmyadmin)

Select I have a different question for your topic

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Mario

Hi Jude,

The answer would be no, this wasn't happening prior to Dec 2015, but I can't be 100% sure.
    I had no payments for a few months prior to Dec 2015. The issue was flagged on Dec 2015, but could have been there before. What I can tell you for sure is that on May - June 2015 everything worked fine.
    It is happening now. A client paid a few days ago, that's how I discovered that the automated payment was cancelled. For those who have subscribed when everything was working fine, the recurring payment is OK. SO it's mostly for those who pay now.

Thank you.

p.s. - it's way more difficult that I thought to create the dev version of the website, especially because the website is huge now - 1000 websites and 4.5Gb, and a database of 300Mb - it's kinda like I need a new hosting for the dev one. I know is my fault I worked only on local, without testing on a live environment - I will keep you posted once the dev is ready - maybe till then I could send you the credentials for cpanel for the live one?

• Jude

Hey Mario

Can you send in the WP and cPanel credentials for the live one ? I'll take a look but not make any modifications. Also keep a backup handy just in case.

Please include the following:
    Subject: "Attn: Jude "
    - cPanel details

Select I have a different question for your topic

Jude

• Mario

Hi all,
    9 months in two days since I opened this. And it's not a small issue with some css. It's actually the main plugin not working... I am trying to be a fair member of this community, I tried to help every time I had the chance. I also paid my subscription in time.
    I really don't thing it's fair what's happening to me.
    Even a "dude, we can't fix it, move ahead and find other solutions" would be a fair answer.
    But I've lost a lot, really a lot, and 9 months waiting for this to be fix.
    If there's any chance anyone would have a few minutes at least to tell me if is black or white.

Thank you

Yours,
    Mario