Suggest a theme work with products

Hi!

I need a theme for small company, they don't want selling their products on-line, they just want to show all the products they got, no shopping cart.

I remember ever seen some themes can showing products (actually they are "posts" with feature image defined) on homepage with slide or grid view, and click the image can bring you to the post.

What you guys do ? Using e-commerce solutions like wp-commerce or marketpress to define products and show them ?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there,

This is what I would do,

Use the SimpleMarket theme,

Use Marketpress,

Use Marketpress grid plugin,

Set MarketPress to list only, on SimpleMarket set the home page to display static page, and use the [mp_product_grid] shotcode to display them on a grid on the homepage.

That's just one option of many, you could also use themes with a silder to grab the product information and image etc.

Kind Regards
    Coding-Monkey.

• jameshsi
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi!

Two more questions :

1. Can I install both marketpress & Woocommerce on the same network ?

2. As I recall, marketpress always show product price under the product, which is not good cause my client don't want to sell online. Am I right ?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi!

I don't see why I not, I used to use WP-commerce and MarketPress on the same network, I'm afraid I don't have any experince on using WooCommerce and MarketPress on the same network.

2. Yes that's correct, now, I'm not sure 100% sure on this, but could a
    display: block !important with the correct DIV tag (can't remeber it, I'll look soon, I'm not sure on which bit of php grabs the price, I'll have a look mabye you can "false it"

I'll take a look :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Coding-Monkey

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.