Suggested Plugin

Just putting in this suggestion for what I have been looking for, for quite some time but cannot find the right fit..

A fan page plugin for wordpress.. (plenty of them out there) One that has the look and feel of easy blogger plugin and could integrate with it...

Allow people to manage and maintain multiple fan pages using the wordpress menu system for mini sites... Would use its own paging system and a prefix naming convention to leave out confusion of same menu item names like (home,contact,about ectt) if building multiple pages on one wp site..

Would have a like gate... (like to reveal content)
Share to like Share to see hidden content
Invite to see.... Invite friends to see content

Page Templates that would allow users to select the appropiate template for there business type..
User could just replace photo and verbiage.. (matching template for profile pic area )

Ability to add opt in code from most aut responder services..

Easily insert graphics via a tiny mce plugin filled with graphics/icons... ( could be totally seperate plugin and used with pro sites as an upcharge for members)

This is moving fast and people are throwing up complicated crappy plugins for this... some good but still to complicated to run on a membership site for people with not much design skills..

Great thing about doing this with WP is the ability to use hundreds of other plugins to enhance your fan page.. light box - maps - sliders ect....

Keep plugin exclusive to WPMU Memberss

WPMU can you have this ready tomorrow lol :slight_smile:

• scott74

Yes... I have been through about 6 plugins but had trouble with them on multi site and finding ones that offered white label branding :slight_smile:

With facebook adding the rule that all fanpages need to be secure last Oct 1 , there is a good market for this , clients ect.....

So per my last post that you replied to, is the reason I have the ssl on my main domain and looking to force it when new sites are created so less steps for me and easier for clients/members to just paste the url of their pages over to facebook :slight_smile:

Not sure how you guys handle all this with the ssl's and stuff but they seem to be a real pain..

If someone signed up for edu blogs and wanted to map their domain and secure their site so they could process credit cards directly on it , how do you guys go about that ?

Anyway... If there is a suggestion box, lemme know the link so I can drop this in there about the fan page plugin for WP Multi Site Ready :slight_smile:

• Mason

Hiya Scott,

I see your point. I've already flagged this as a feature request from an elite member so that it gets proper recognition/thought/etc.

If someone signed up for edu blogs and wanted to map their domain and secure their site so they could process credit cards directly on it , how do you guys go about that ?

We have a 'campus' service for universities and such which provides them with their own WordPress Multisite which could then be customized to force the admin ssl. For regular edubloggers that wanted to sell products on their site we require them to use a service such as paypal to handle the transactions. You're absolutely right, SSL stuff is a significant pain. Add to that the idea of adhering to everything to make sure your transactions and site are PCI Compliant and it's a significant pain. We avoid it whenever possible :slight_smile:

• scott74

I see yeah.... I was wanting to start something similiar and wanting a way form someone to have that option if possible.. Could have a reseller account with host gator with multiple cpanels to handle each ssl but that would defeat the purpose of multisite..

Thought about just telling them to use a 3rd party cart that would like to a page like ejunkie or just pay pal like you mentioned. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.