suggestion for new blog templates

From my POV, it seems that NBT consists of two essential parts -- a template saving/selecting tool and a settings cloning function. Having worked with Cloner quite a bit, I'm guessing you're using the same basic functions there.

The main problem I have with NBT is that as a user I can't choose a theme after creating a site. As Super Admin I could clone the same settings into a users site, copying over the same theme, theme customizer settings and plugins used in the demo site into theirs.

So why not have this same option available to users? Couldn't NBT work as a plugin, doing those same functions again, but from within the dashboard? Sure, you'd need some decent warning processes such as "You're about to erase your current theme settings! Proceed?"

Possible? Not possible? I'm seriously considering hiring a developer to do this, so if there's something I'm not getting because I don't code, please let me know as I have limited resources (and about to jump up to full price on my WPMU subscription - yikes!) so if this could be a new feature from WPMU, that would be fantastic!

• Ash

Hello @peter_harris

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

To add this feature, there needs to be lots of code to write. Well, NBT was not designed to do that to be honest. So, I can't confirm if there is any chance for this to be implemented.

But I am happy to mark it as a feature request. If we get enough votes from other members, the developers will definitely consider this feature :slight_smile:

Also, if you need this urgently then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staff is available in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.