[Suggestion] Loyalty Discount Program

I was reading through the forum and came across a post mentioning they wouldn't be able to continue their membership and were concerned about what plugins they could safely use after their membership lapsed.

Since I'm working for a nonprofit and currently reaching in my own pockets for membership fees, I may also be in the same boat soon. Therefore, I would like to offer the following suggestion for your consideration --

Given that we're in a recession (in the U.S. and elsewhere), it would be great it you could provide a "Loyalty Discount Rate" for the next 6 months (or more). This would be most beneficial for those members who are on the more expensive month-to-month plan.

For example, if an individual has been a member for, let's say, three months, then they would be given a loyalty discount of $5-$10 (or more) if they renewed their membership, at the same level or higher. (Any number of variations on this could be made; i.e., by membership level, by length of membership, by Reputation points, by promotional offer, etc., etc.)

This would benefit WPMUDEV in several ways: enhance customer relations/customer loyalty, soothe ruffled feathers (of those who are frustrated over plugin integrations, etc.), create overall goodwill, and last, but not least, generate 'some' income by preventing membership lapses.

• Jonathan

@Phil:
    I think the reputation system is perfect - I like the fact that a person has to earn a lifetime membership not buy it.

It, builds a community that shares their collective knowledge, thereby shortening the time it would have taken to reach the point of destination. Well something like that. lol

And when I say earn, I don't mean it in a wierd way.
    I'm here, reading topics etc anyway, if I see somebody needs some help or something. What's a few minutes giving them the answer - I love the fact that if I need some help, somebody will offer up a solution - irrelevant of if I'm paying for it or not. Besides, it makes me feel all warm inside when someone gives me some rep points. Means I helped someone out because I wanted too, not because I had too and they gave me points because they wanted too, not because they had too.

What's the word? Community :slight_smile:

@avonnes:
    If you're browsing the forum from time to time - take a few minutes and help someone out. The rep points pile up fast and furious :wink:
    Soon, you won't have to worry about paying anything... that seems like a pretty good deal to me. Besides you build a connection with a few folks that will (hopefully) go out of their way to come to your aid when you call on them. And the internet changes so fast - it helps when everyone is an open book of info :slight_smile:
    Jonathan

• Mason

Hiya,

Thanks for your input here guys. We also run several coupons throughout the year as well as competitions and drawings where folks win anywhere from 1 year to a lifetime membership for free. If you're not subscribed to wpmu.org or following them on twitter (@wpmuorg) then you totally should.

We announce all of our options there - we recently ran a special for over 60% off the annual membership. I actually think James (our CEO) is crazy generous with the amount of giveaways and coupons we run - but it's his call :slight_smile:

The reputation system also has worked very well. Jonathan's been rockin' it for a couple weeks and we have all taken notice. Several folks have achieved the 1000+ mark and when I see somebody in the quadruple digits asking for help, I know I can't help but give them a little extra attention :slight_smile:

Anyway, none of that means we won't consider something like this, just that we do already have several things in place - and finally, you can always drop us an email. Never any harm in asking :wink:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.