Suggestion on this Interface...

This interface is helpful... to a point.

The green check shows you that you've gotten a response, which is useful the first time.

After that, it is just noise.

I've now got over half a dozen tickets going, quite a few with "back and forth" happening. The green check tells me nothing now. I literally have to go through each, one by one, to see if I've gotten a new response.

I think WPMU can do better than this. I realize it would get a bit more complicated to program. You'd probably need another icon or something. But it would sure help...

Can somebody please look into this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting irritated with this.

Thanks.

:slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Karl,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated though your assumption about the green check is incorrect.

The green check indicates that the ticket has been marked resolved by either you, another member, or a staff member.

When a staff member marks the ticket as resolved they believe at the time that the issue has been resolved or that their answer is straight forward or resolves the issue.

Therefore the mark as unresolved below where a member can mark a ticket as unresolved but simultaneously posting as why the ticket is unresolved.

It is no a big deal to mark a ticket as not resolved. Maybe the proposed solution worked in the staffs test environment but does not on your host etc.etc.

So just check mark the ticket as not resolved and post any symptoms or errors relative to that ticket.

Hopefully this clears up the green check mark thing for you. And just in case you are wondering why we do not wait until the member check marks it as resolved?

Because I have proven time and again that once a member has seen an answer and fixed their site, they forget all about the ticket making it a nightmare to manage the ticket system. As a matter of fact I have 519 examples of this right this very moment that we need to get in the back of the ticket system and clean up.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope that I have clarified the ticket system green check marks for you and about marking tickets as resolved and not resolved.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.