Suggestions for wiki

In the wiki page admin display the screen options for number of wiki pages to list doesn't work is it possible to add this to the 'to do list' (not urgent) for this plugin?

Also, for the admin wiki page list is it possible to indent child pages (which is done in the menu listing and wiki display widgets) so that the 'indent structure' is presented in that list (it makes it easier to keep track of 'where you are' in that list).

Does anyone know if there is any version of a 'pagemash' type plugin that would work with the wiki software to easily re-order the wiki page list?

• Patrick

Hiya @Clive

In the wiki page admin display the screen options for number of wiki pages to list doesn't work is it possible to add this to the 'to do list' (not urgent) for this plugin?

Hmm... you're right, changing that setting seems to have no effect.

Also, for the admin wiki page list is it possible to indent child pages (which is done in the menu listing and wiki display widgets) so that the 'indent structure' is presented in that list (it makes it easier to keep track of 'where you are' in that list).

Right again: indents only appear in my test install if I update an entry. Visiting or refreshing that page kills the indents.

I'll notify the developer of these issues.

Does anyone know if there is any version of a 'pagemash' type plugin that would work with the wiki software to easily re-order the wiki page list?

How exactly do you want to re-order them? Can you not simply use the built-in page order setting? You'll find it in the "Attributes" section on the edit screen, or just under "Parent" when in "Quick Edit".

• Clive

Thanks Patrick - for the reordering there are some 'drag and drop' plugins for 'pages' which are easier if you are dealing with a lot of pages.

Also, I forgot would the developer consider adding the ability to display the next wiki page at the bottom or top of the page (or have options to include this or not)? This would make immediate navigation much easier. There is a plugin for pages that does this (and it works very well); http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/next-page-not-next-post/

Another Suggestion for the New Wikis widget which displays new wiki pages there is no new page limit. It would be nice to limit this to a specific number of pages and to 'forget' indents on the pages displayed.

Also, is it possible in 'History' to have an option to delete a revision?

• Clive

I'm also getting these errors appearing in my wp error log

[05-Feb-2013 14:54:50 UTC] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE g6h_wiki_subscriptions ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, Wiki->init, Wiki->install, dbDelta
    [05-Feb-2013 19:36:44 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM g6h_term_counts WHERE ( ) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, Wiki->post_action, Wiki->edit_post, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, do_action('save_post'), call_user_func_array, post_indexer_post_insert_update, post_indexer_post_terms_insert_update
    [05-Feb-2013 19:36:44 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query UPDATE g6h_term_counts SET term_count = term_count + 1,term_count_updated = '2013-02-05 19:36:44' WHERE ( ) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, Wiki->post_action, Wiki->edit_post, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, do_action('save_post'), call_user_func_array, post_indexer_post_insert_update, post_indexer_post_terms_insert_update

• S H Mohanjith

@Patrick Cohen could you post a screenshot of the following?

Hmm... you're right, changing that setting seems to have no effect.

Right again: indents only appear in my test install if I update an entry. Visiting or refreshing that page kills the indents.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.