Suggestions on getting set up

I've been eyeing WPMU for a while, and after striking out somewhat with plugins that are compatible, but not made for MU (plus the sale) here I am. I'm really impressed with the sheer number of plugins but I'd love a little feedback on using the right ones for my purposes.

I'm using WPMU to create a database where certain information in each post is public, certain information is for members only.

1. I'd like to wrap certain information on various blogs in the single install in tags or shortcodes and have it displayed only to logged in members. The password protected post plugin is part of the way there in functionality, but not quite what I'm looking for since I don't want people to have to enter passwords for each post. Is there something between this and the supporter plugin to make this scenario work?

2. Ideally I'd like to push it even further by being able to decide which member levels have access. for example, if I have supporter levels 1, 2 and 3, being able to say level 2 and 3 supporters can read this content, but not level 1.

• dapadoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

You can use supporter as level 1and then add memberships to control what else they can have access to.

Please note, supporter only has one level. Supporter is to allow paid members additional pligin and themes. Membership can limit access to content and pages.

• ymousley
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Tim, thanks for the quick response. I saw the membership plugin after posting my question. Hoping that it can be extended in some way to achieve what I'm going for.

It looks like there may be possibilities within the various rules, and if there are ways to restrict things at the template level I can probably work something out with custom fields.

@dapadoo thanks, I had some functionality of the 2 confused.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.