Suggestions on how to display tutorials

Hello,
I want to display a list of tutorials to my users. Each one is a post and now they are displayed in the blog roll.

I would like to display them in a specific order (by theme) so that it's easier for the user to consume them.

Have you got any example of other websites to see how they have organized them?

Thanks a lot.
Andrea

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @nagar

Welcome to the forums!

Are they posts on your site? Or are they from other sites?

If they are on your site, you can simply organize them into the same category. Then the only limits to how the posts can be displayed are the hundreds of plugins available to do so and/or your level of coding skill.

If the posts are being pulled in from other sites, the easiest way to collect them so the display can be customized is via RSS. For that, you may want to consider our Autoblog plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

• nagar
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply. The posts are on my website. And they all have the tutorial category. Do you suggest that I create subcategories for each group of tutotorials? I think I can display the title anche the excerpt.

My other issue is ordering. I have put the tutorial in a random order in wordpress but I would like to display them in a specific order. What's the best way to do that?

Thanks a lot.
    Andrea

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @nagar

If you want the simplest way, then create sub-categories to group your tutorials by topic/subject matter. Or you can use tags to achieve the same.

Then you can customize the display order by adjusting the publish dates. WordPress will display the most recent posts by default.

How you display them in your site (the layout) would depend on your chosen theme, and/or any custom templates you may want to create for this. See WordPress Template Hierarchy for more on how to use custom templates.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.