Suggestions to add to your latest update - Urgent fixes required

Hi, I've encountered many problems in the last several days and I've summarized the most important ones in the list below:
• Need to be able to re-order custom fields via drag&drop (CustomPress)
• Links between Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields can be represented visually and make it much easier for user to orchestrate (CustomPress)
• Cannot select image label, menu is very erratic and do not understand what I am supposed to do (Builder)
• Builder crashes and loses saved settings. When loaded, it reverts to a very bare-bone default and forgets all progress. Happens when opening theme and the "default" layout is not selected. Also when cannot load a feature. !!! VERY IMPORTANT
• Google Maps API in two places: Builder General and Google Maps Settings (from Google Maps WPMU Plugin) The options in the Google Maps Settings do not seem to be applied on the Map Draggable Object in the Builder
• CustomPress Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields should be able to be identified by Custom Content Types UI !!! IMPORTANT
• Allow users to expand the Custom CSS and HTML editor window frames !!! IMPORTANT
• Add GUI options for the {{shortcode}} shortcodes or prepare in an easy location a "cheat-sheet"

I hope these catch your attention and you would find them useful for the development of Upfront theme & plugins.

Regards,

Georgi

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Georgi,

Thank you for your propositions. At the moment we add new features basing on the interest in them from WPMU DEV community. So right now we have to see how many more member will like those ideas and will support it.
    Because not everything is cleat for me let me ask few questions about details:

• Links between Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields can be represented visually and make it much easier for user to orchestrate (CustomPress)

Could you provide a screenshot of what you have in mind? Im not sure what is issue here.

• Cannot select image label, menu is very erratic and do not understand what I am supposed to do (Builder)

Which menu? Can you provide a screenshot of that?

• Builder crashes and loses saved settings. When loaded, it reverts to a very bare-bone default and forgets all progress. Happens when opening theme and the "default" layout is not selected. Also when cannot load a feature. !!! VERY IMPORTANT

That doesn't look right. It is rather support issues: please open separate thread for it https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question and enable support access ( http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/ ) and provide details on how can we replicate issue.

• Google Maps API in two places: Builder General and Google Maps Settings (from Google Maps WPMU Plugin) The options in the Google Maps Settings do not seem to be applied on the Map Draggable Object in the Builder

That is correct. Google Maps is separate plugin - element map in Upfront is not related to that plugin so it doesn't use its settings.

• CustomPress Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields should be able to be identified by Custom Content Types UI !!! IMPORTANT

CustomPress creates standard custom post types and major plugin on market like Types recognize those types without problem, so issue is on the Custom Content Types UI side not CustomPress I'm afraid.
    I also tested creating taxonomy in Types and Custom Content Types UI also doesn't see those. It seems that plugin can only support types and taxonomies created only in that plugin.

• Allow users to expand the Custom CSS and HTML editor window frames !!! IMPORTANT

Do you mean in Builder or Upfront editor? This is already possible. Please see

Click upper edge of frame and drag it to top.

• Add GUI options for the {{shortcode}} shortcodes or prepare in an easy location a "cheat-sheet"

This would be very helpful - I will drop a line to our usage writers about that.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• kr3t3n

Hi Kasia,

Once again, thank you for the prompt response and the answers you give me.

Here are my comments:

* • Links between Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields can be represented visually and make it much easier for user to orchestrate (CustomPress)
    Could you provide a screenshot of what you have in mind? I'm not sure what is issue here.

I mean the CustomPress pages to create and manage Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields, see screenshots below:

These would be a whole lot easier to manage if they had better GUI options like Drag&Drop re-ordering and Quick Edit on the most important fields. For custom websites where this is vital, GUI assistance would be very appreciated.

Which menu? Can you provide a screenshot of that?

I see that I've managed to save one label on one image in my many attempts and I don't understand what am I supposed to when I want to apply a label to an image.
    Also, how do I manage these labels afterward? Is there a section where I can manage the Logo/Favicon/etc front-end branding images easily?

That doesn't look right. It is rather support issues: please open separate thread for it https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question and enable support access ( http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/ ) and provide details on how can we replicate issue.

I have found out the reason for this behavior as I also have reported on this thread. I do not understand what is the connection between the Upfront->Builder theme and the currently Activated Appearance->Customize theme. Is the one in the Builder a "sandbox" version? If so, how the one updates the other?
    Currently, I have started working on the Activated theme via Appearance->Customize and if I have to revert back to the one in the Builder, I would appreciate knowing in advance. Can I then export the activated theme and import it in the Builder so I can do my development in the Builder and only "Publish" stable versions? This may have been a problem I created myself when starting to work in Appearance->Customize, instead of in the Builder.

That is correct. Google Maps is separate plugin - element map in Upfront is not related to that plugin so it doesn't use its settings.

Is there an option to use a draggable element for the Google Map using the settings and features of the one in Settings->Google Maps?

CustomPress creates standard custom post types and major plugin on market like Types recognize those types without problem, so issue is on the Custom Content Types UI side not CustomPress I'm afraid.
    I also tested creating taxonomy in Types and Custom Content Types UI also doesn't see those. It seems that plugin can only support types and taxonomies created only in that plugin.

Is there a way to export the created Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields from CustomPress and import them in Content Types UI? I have already created the whole structure in CustomPress and would like to use it instead of having re-do it all over again as that would also break a lot of connected objects in Builder.

Thank you for showing me how to resize the CSS/HTML editor area, I thought I tried that but now I know it works and am using it :slight_smile:

In your response you say:

At the moment we add new features basing on the interest in them from WPMU DEV community. So right now we have to see how many more member will like those ideas and will support it.

How do you measure the requested new features to decide what to implement? Is there a voting system?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and highly appreciated response!

Regards,

Georgi

• Nithin

Hi Georgi Pepelyankov,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

These would be a whole lot easier to manage if they had better GUI options like Drag&Drop re-ordering and Quick Edit on the most important fields. For custom websites where this is vital, GUI assistance would be very appreciated.

Thank you for submitting feature request for improving the GUI, the more +1 this thread receives the more it'll be considered for development. Would recommend that you create separate thread for each feature request, so that it doesn't confuse the members who reads the thread.

I see that I've managed to save one label on one image in my many attempts and I don't understand what am I supposed to when I want to apply a label to an image.
    Also, how do I manage these labels afterward? Is there a section where I can manage the Logo/Favicon/etc front-end branding images easily?

Media labels are default WordPress feature, Upfront just offers an option to tag mulitple labels for each image. You can manage/perform the same action for each image, under Media > Library.

Not sure whether I get by manage logo/favicon etc, you can find all the images located under Media > Library . If you are looking for settings, you can add/edit the logo through the Upfront Builder, using Image element.

For favicon, or anything related to branding, you could easily make use of Ultimate Branding plugin. For more details, please check the following plugin usage guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/#product-usage

I have found out the reason for this behavior as I also have reported on this thread. I do not understand what is the connection between the Upfront->Builder theme and the currently Activated Appearance->Customize theme. Is the one in the Builder a "sandbox" version? If so, how the one updates the other?

When you load Upfront through Appearance > Customize, Upfront Editor loads, instead of Upfront Builder. Upfront Editor, and Upfront Builder are both different, and if you intention is to build website from scratch, you'll have to make use of Upfront Builder. Please check this thread to know the difference between Upfront Builder, and Upfront Editor.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-editor-versus-upfront-builder

You'll have to go, under Upfront > General, and click the RESET THEME button, so that Builder settings gets saved. Please do note, that changes made via Upfront Editor will get lost(cannot undo) when you click the RESET THEME button.

Is there an option to use a draggable element for the Google Map using the settings and features of the one in Settings->Google Maps?

At the moment, there isn't any such out of the box option available. You'll have to configure the Google API Key, under Upfront > General > API Keys, in order to make use of the Maps element.

Is there a way to export the created Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields from CustomPress and import them in Content Types UI?

If I understand you correctly, you could try the Export/Import option in the CustomPress plugin, under CustomPress > Export/Import, however the plugin might not fully recognize the custom post types other than CPT created by the CustomPress plugin. You can also try WP All Export plugin, when it comes to exporting contents:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/

How do you measure the requested new features to decide what to implement? Is there a voting system?

Members who likes the proposed idea, will express their support in the thread, and +1s the thread. The more engaging the thread is for the members, the more supports it'll get, which in turn will be taken into consideration for development.

I hope this helps. Please advise, if I have missed out anything. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin