Suggetion for Subscribe by Email

When someone subscribes for your blog and a new post generates an email, the email is sent from the bloggers email adress. I think that's wrong.

First of all, not everybody wants to give out their email to anyone who visits the blog. Second, it does not look very professional.

I suggest that all emails from the plugin is sent from no-reply@domain.tld or atleast gives the option to send it from a custom email adress or the members adresses.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Doesn't the plugin use the email address they have as admin of their blog? I would think that this is the most natural solution. If they're not wanting items from their blog associated with their personal email address they should use a different one.

I realize that's probably not immediately obvious to new bloggers. Maybe an option of using your own standard email or a "noreply" address? I think we'd then have to provide an explanation as to why we're giving the option.

Anyone else have other thoughts on this?

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I would think that this is the most natural solution.

That's the wordpress way of doing things. Emails come from the blog admin, be it wp or wpmu.

Gotta admit though I see this as an issue, especially if this is occurring over at edublogs. If someone is obtaining the blog admin's email address via a subscription email and that blog admin is under aged, that would be a privacy concern if not a CIPA violation.

+1 for the noreply option.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.