Sunday GMT Time Not Registering

It seems after spending days of testing this plug in, that when an item is set to weekly on a Sunday eg [scheduled weekly="0" time="02:00 PM" length="0:1:0:0"] the shortcode is not working.

I have 6 items that I wish to rotate on daily basis and on weekends for 2 days, all seem to be fine except for the one the starts at 2pm GMT time.
When inspecting the code I can see the countdown time in all other days other than one set on a Sunday.

I tested all a minute apart on a different day and it worked fine Other than this little (Hopefully easily fixed) problem, great plug in.

Feature request would be to have it as widget option for sidebars.

Ian

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

It seems after spending days of testing this plug in, that when an item is set to weekly on a Sunday eg [scheduled weekly="0" time="02:00 PM" length="0:1:0:0"] the shortcode is not working.

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.
    For clarification, you are trying to point out that it appears that the plugin works correctly for all days except Sundays?

Please advise so we can take the appropriate action to get this issue resolve.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Ian

One thing I'll add, is that on earlier in the week, that at one point, the content that started on Sunday was displaying, probably because it was sunday when it was initiated.
    When I set it up later in the week, sunday is the only day when looking at the code inspector that does not have the countdown to the scheduled time set.

easternplumbingworks.com.au is the site I have it on currently.

Ian

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

This is a tough one that to date we have been unable to reproduce on our servers.

After a discussion of this issue I had with the lead developer of the Schedule Selected Content plugin we are starting to wonder if a server process of some kind is interfering with this process on Sunday morning 2:00 AM

Please ask your host if there are any known processes happening at that very moment or time like backing up, etc. that could possibly be interfering with this process.

Waiting to hear back from you and your hosts reply.

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

Just following up on the "Time" thing with a brief on what we are really facing here and how difficult it is to diagnose and time related anomalies - Aaron is still deliberating the issue.

In a single install of anything on any host we have the following things to deal with give or take one or two depending on the individual setup:

Server Time, CPanel Time, Software settings time (WordPress time for example), Plugin settings time, and of course end user time - and any or all of these can be right or wrong depending on the perspective of the person whom is viewing it and their time.

Therefore time is certainly to say the least a tricky situation.

The best one could possibly hope for is: server time = cpanel time = software time = plugin time and last but not least, one can obviously never tell or predict end user time.

In the end for hosting and end users, 24 hours is still 24 hours based upon the time the server/software calculated they are added to the system regardless of the real time and due to the variables mentioned above time will for the most part remain and anomaly until the day we globally sync our time zones which again obviously will never happen.

As I mentioned earlier Aaron is still pondering the issue and testing too.

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

I am beginning to believe that this issue is going to be just short of impossible to resolve since we cannot replicate the issue on any of our servers and in consideration of any one of the varying time settings and trying to set them wrong to test this has proved to be quite the challenge to say the least.

It is not a problem setting them wrong, it just does not replicate the issue.

I am at a loss on this glitch that we have been trying to track down for almost a month and hoping that out lead developer can pin point it otherwise we have reached a brick wall.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

After many moons of us trying to replicate this issue we (the lead developer and I) have come to the proverbial end of the road in trying to figure out an issue that we cannot make happen nor replicate for whatever reason. Therefore we cannot fix what we cannot break unfortunately.

We want to break it, but could not.

All in all, we must conceded defeat trying to resolve this issue but only to the extent that we cannot replicate it and therefore cannot figure out a reason why it would do this.

If you come up with anything that we may be missing so that we may possibly replicate this issue please advise by check marking this issue as not resolved below and posting the aforementioned information.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.