Sunrise.php

Hello!
We want to install Multi-Domain and have uploaded the first set of files to wp-content/mu-plugins.
However, we are not sure what the next instruction want us to do.

There is sunrise.php on wp-content already. And from what we saw, there is another sunrise.php that came with Multi-Domains.

Do we upload this to wp-content too? And since we are using Domain Mapping, after re-naming dm.sunrise.php, do we upload that one as well too?

Thank You!

• PC

Hello again,

From what I understand is that you are using both Multi Domains and Domain mapping at the same time.

Well, if that is the case, the sunrise.php that comes with multi-domains does include the necessary rules to ensure domain mapping works so you can use it for both plugins at the same time and it should work just fine.

Please feel free to post if you face any issues while using that or have any further questions on the same :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

• T-chan

Good-evening PC!

But frankly I really don't see how this will be possible. I tried though. For one, there is already an existing sunrise.php in wp-content. And uploading another 2 to make it 3 is not practically possible from what I have seen. Transmit and CyberDuck does not provide anyway to keep both files.

The only way to upload another sunrise.php will be to over-write it. Same goes for dm_sunrise.php.

There must be a clearer explanation to these instructions:

3. Upload multi-domain.php and the multi-domains-files directory to the /wp-content/mu-plugins folder on your site (if you do not have this directory you will need to create it.)

4. Upload sunrise.php to the /wp-content folder on your site – If you are using the domain mapping plugin, rename dm_sunrise.php to sunrise.php and upload it to the /wp-content folder on your site.

Please do advise!

Have a great evening!

Thank You so much!

Takeshi

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for the feedback regarding making the things more clear :slight_smile: Its certainly appreciated and as we are rewriting the manuals, we will make them more easier

Upload sunrise.php to the /wp-content folder on your site – If you are using the domain mapping plugin, rename dm_sunrise.php to sunrise.php and upload it to the /wp-content folder on your site.

You just need to use sunrise.php that comes with multi-domains and upload it to wp-content folder and it should do that task. You do not need to use the file from Domain Mapping.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions. I will be around.

Cheers
    PC

• T-chan

Thanks PC! That's a bit clearer! However, let me ay out what you want me to do as I understand it.

Delete existing Domain Mapping sunrise.php from wp-content.
    Do not upload the sunrise.php that came with Multi-Domain. Instead,
    Rename dm_sunrise.php and upload it to wp-content.

If that is the instruction, do please confirm so we can proceed.

Again, thanks for everything.

Have a great evening!

Takeshi

• PC

Hey Takeshi,

Greetings and thanks for coming back to let us know the status.

I hope you will be there again for us when we do to guide us.

Whenever you face any issues, feel free top open a thread and we will pick that up and answer it :slight_smile:

PS* Please is there anyway of adding Japan to ProSite PayPal countries? My country is not there on the drop^down.

We will need to look into that as it's a different plugin and might need to take this to the developer in case we find an issue. I will request and really appreciate if you can open a new thread for the same :slight_smile:

Have a nice evening too !

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.