Super Admin Level for Pro Sites

Hello all,

I'm new to the community and an EXTREME novice at coding, etc. I'm in the process of starting a new paid membership community and my question is as follows: is there a way to make certain plugins and themes exclusive to the Super Admin for a MU site? In other words, I don't want my main theme and some of my administrative plugins (such as membership, etc.) available to my Pro Site users. I hope I'm explaining this properly. Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks so much!

-Cindye

• cindye

I think I forgot to click on the "unresolved" button so I'm resubmitting my question.

Thanks for the quick reply! I read the usage for Pro Sites and was wondering how I go about setting things up so that I can select what items are just available to me as the super admin? Do I network activate or deactivate those plugins/themes that I don't want pro site users to have access to? I'm a bit confused so again, thanks for the help!

Regards,
    Cindye

• jonnylons

I'm not a novice with the system, but I am trying to figure out how to best apply Pro Sites to my site as well.

I am offering a free level of participation where a member can create a blog - I would like to limit it to one blog per member and if someone wants to create more blogs, then they have to pay for it. Not sure how to do that.

But to kind of help you sort this out, Cindye, I think everything is tied to the levels of membership for your bloggers. I have three tiers, Basic, Premium, and Elite and I will offer more bells and whistles as you go up the tier level.

I also want to have all of my plugins only available to me. The best way to figure this out may be to test the system yourself - create a test user and set up a new blog and see what they would see. I haven't done that myself, but I am tangling out this process as well.

• cindye

Thanks for the reply! I think I've figured out how to limit the plugins options for blogs using the WPMU Membership plugin. (Still trying to work out the details of ProSites). This is what I have so far:

On your main site, open your dashboard and then open the membership plugin icon. From there, select "access levels" and then select the access level you want to edit/modify. Open the "negative rules" tab and then scroll down the right-hand sidebar to Administration. From there, drag/drop plugins in the space provided underneath "negative rules." You can select the plugins that you do NOT want members to have access to. I guess in your case, you would select all the plugins. I hope this helps.

I'm still trying to figure out how to limit certain themes for user blogs and I'm toying with the idea of WPMU's blog template creator plugin. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep me updated on your progress as well! Thanks!

Best Regards,
    -Cindye

• aecnu

Greetings jonnylons and Cindye,

Pro Sites and was wondering how I go about setting things up so that I can select what items are just available to me as the super admin?

All items are available to the network admin even on sub sites regardless of the sub sites level in Pro Sites, a network admin can activate any plugin or theme anywhere at any time.

Do I network activate or deactivate those plugins/themes that I don't want pro site users to have access to?

When you network activate a plugin it is indeed activated across the entire network.

If network activated because it is activated across the entire network, it does not appear in the list of 'Premium Plugins" because it is indeed network activated.

I have three tiers, Basic, Premium, and Elite and I will offer more bells and whistles as you go up the tier level.

This is exactly how this should be indeed constructed.

WPMU's blog template creator plugin

What is that?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Folks,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.