Super Admin Missing From User Role Assignment Dropdown on Some Sites

Hello All,

On a WP3.4.2 multisite installation with about 60 sites, when viewing all users some sites feature the Super Admin role in the role assignment drop down but others do not.

Various sites were created from various template sites configured with the template plugin.

On sites missing the Super Admin in the drop down, how/where do I add the Super Admin to the DB so they appear in the user assignment drop down?

Thanks,
Phil D

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Attached is a screenshot to make it easier. You can find this option on the following page: yourdomain.com/wp-admin/network/user-edit.php?user_id=[X] <--just substitute your domain and the ID of the user you want to modify.

The superadmin option is typically below the username and above the first name. Hope this helps.

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

Hello Gabe,

Thanks for the reply; however, I am familiar with that.

The issue I am trying to resolve is why the Super Admin Role is missing from some drop down lists, but the Super Admin role appears in the drop down list on other sites.

I suspect something is missing in a DB file on the sites where the Super Admin role is missing and though someone might point me in the right direction so I do not have to dig around for the DB difference.

Thanks again for chiming in.

Phil D

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

Update:

We were not using any role editor except Extended Super Admins; however, I installed Capabilities Manager reviewed the capabilities assigned to each of the roles present in the drop down and noted that the Super Admin roles appearing in the drop down menus did not actually have Super Admin privileges.

That role must have been created by some plugin and just named confusingly as Super Admin when it fact the role was not Super Admin, so we just deleted them all to eliminate the confusion.

Thanks for chiming in.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.