Super-admin randomly (and quickly) kicked out

A super-admin account can login to https://t++++cal.com/wp-admin but the don't have access to /wp-admin/network. If logged in via /wp-admin/network directly, it seems to be working at first but then user is "randomly" (and rather fast) logged out.

See additional notes in the chat notes, please.

• Ivan

Hi Debby !

There were a lot of mistakes in configuration. First of all, I switched your installation to the single type and noticed that it has Site URL and Home URL which were started from http://www.to*** but the site uses HTTPS. So, I changed them to https://www.to***.
    In addition, the .htaccess file had code for both single and multisite installations - I've removed odd code.
    Finally, the DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE constant was defined without www. in the wp-config.php file for some reason and, in addition, the same thing was for the domain field in the _blogs table. I've fixed it and now it works fine.
    Btw, for tests I deactivated all plugins and switched to default theme - please, activate them again.
    Plus, I've created a new database (_test) and a new WP installation in the public_html_test folder for my tests. If this issue is resolved, please, remove them.

Best,
    Ivan.

• Debby

Hi Ivan -

HELP! I can get into totallyoptical.com, but can no longer access my other sites with my admin (visioncareproducts.com/opticallabproducts.com and optometricoffice.com)! Since these are the sites we are working on regularly (totallyoptical.com is just the host); imperative I get back in asap! The plug-ins are only active on these subsites, not the main site. Also, the "ad" I had on TotallyOptical.com is now gone (directing them that the site has moved to visioncareproducts.com).

• Debby

The problems with the the conflict directing to www. and xxxx should be OK now that we've removed the server with the same name. This was documented in the chat noted in the original file.

I need to be sure that all our previous superadmins can get back into the other sites,as these are what we are posting on and updating regularly. Unfortunately, my web person is out for 3 days, so I've got to get these back to working order asap (this am) in order to keep out sites active and tracking properly. We host education pages, which are accessed hourly.

Were all the changes you made only to the totallyoptical.com site ?

• Debby

HELP PLEASE - WHAT EVER YOU DID, I no longer have access to my sites (which I had prior to the changes you made). I have education reporting that has to be done today, as well as updates which need to go live. NEED ACCESS to all the sites listed above (visioncareproducts.com/opticallabproducts.com/opticallabproducts.com) which are under totallyoptical. I can access TO now, but lost access to all the other sites (which are even more important).

Please advise ASAP.

• Ivan

Hi Debby !

I'm so sorry to hear it.
    Exactly, I made the changes only to the totallyoptical.com site, moreover, I described all changes what I made.
    Now, I've returned all changes what I made and it seems it didn't help.
    It looks like an issue which related to cookies.
    Btw, what plugin or script do you use for mapping your subsites to the main site? I noticed that you have the {wordpress_folder}/wp-content/sunrise.php file but it doesn't run this file. I tried to do it, however, it depends on the domain_mapping table but your database doesn't have such table at all.

Best,
    Ivan.

• Debby

Changing it to a single site from multi-site has probably caused the problems we are experiencing. I've reactivated the plug-ins, but it is not helping. Unfortunately, I don't understand the changes you made (real new to this). Here's why the sites were set up the way they were:
      Originally we had a conflict with the "SITE" http://www.visioncareproducts.com and an internal server (hosting our emails) at visioncareproducts.com. Thus the code which reflected both names. The internal server is no longer there, and our emails have been changed over at SiteGround, and the XM files are now correct there. We no longer need the reference to visioncareproducts.com (without the www.). We started setting up the sites with totallyoptical.com as a hub, then a decision was made to have the additional sites separate - so it was set up as multi-site (each has it's own dashboard, etc. but all plug ins were through totallyotpical.com). It's been running fine with the exception of us not being able to access the network admin, which we fixed by logging in to totallytoptical.com/wp-admin/network - but it kept kicking us out. I was able to install a plug-in, activate it on the appropriate site on Friday - and continue working. All was good. The changes made over the weekend, completely disabled me and my education sites (i'm in a ton of trouble over that....). Right now, I can only access totallyoptical.com, and none of the others, and can't find out why my education and some site pages are not working correctly.

• Debby

Ivan - this is a disaster - my education sites on visioncareproducts.com are now also inactive. I activated the plug-in, but no one can log in. These were all working prior to the changes you made over the weekend. Please restore the sites to where they were previously. (I've fielded over 50 calls today with users who can no longer access). and, I can't get into the sub-sites. I cann't be down another day. Need access and restoration asap. I will stay up tonight to be available when you are in (I am USA Eastern time). I have to get these sites back up and working properly.