Super lost trying to make custom sidebar per header nav bar

I have spent all day working my way into a stupor trying to wrap my brain around this seemingly so easy concept. Still ... it eludes me. If I think I have it working, I go into preview and it just doesn't look at all like I wanted it set up as.
For instance: Welcome page
Call to Action Widget with Site Upgrades
Search Site
First Blog post - One Unique Double Helix
to the end of background Blog posts
The Way It Once Was: The Rest of the Story (5 posts in total)

About ...
Image w/ Bio
Search Site
Preview Post/ Latest Blog entry

And so on ...

Would you be able to walk me through the steps? I have to be missing something. This whole concept simply looks so easy. I have to be making it harder than what it really is.

Thank you,
Cecilia

• Milan

Hello Cecilia ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

By your description it seems to me that you are not able to set up custom sidebar for the pages you described in your question right ? If that's so, I would like to take a look at your site to check well about your issue. To let me access your site, you would need to grant me staff access to your site via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. Take a look at this screenshot for easier navigation.

But before you grant me staff access to your site, please consider these checking first :slight_smile:

#1) Make Sure that you have allowed Sidebar which you want to replace with other one to be replaced. Take a look at this screenshot please. :slight_smile:

#2) Try to test with WordPress default themes if the theme.

#3) Conduct full plugin conflict test as described in our this support manual,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.