Super-Smush Images issues with the WP Smush

Hi there,

We have a problem with WP Smush Pro. It did not work or behave all the same way. We wonder why. Our client has some websites, when I tried to use this plugin to compress their images, one site is working fine. Notice, for each single site, my client has almost an identical media library, I mean the images are the same when the previously the sites were built up. Quite surprisingly, one of her website's images were compressed greatly, which the toal image sizes reduced by 26.05 MB. However, after we re-visit WP Smush Pro inside the media library, it shows us a message for Super-Smush Images, stating that they found 2 attachments that were previously smushed losslessly. If desired we can Super-Smush them now for more savings with almost no noticeable quality loss.
Ok, we click the button, and have another go at Super-Smush. after a few seconds, job is done. Then we refresh the browser, again another message stating that they found 2 attachments that were previously smushed losslessly. If desired we can Super-Smush them now for more savings with almost no noticeable quality loss.
We gave another go at it, then refresh the browser after, the message shown again and again, it seems the plugin is not trying to do a buck smush, we will have to do it many times? Is this normal? We are confused.
Another issue raised is that since my client has all the media library stored identical images, then the result of compression shall be the same too. However, we found the plugin reduced the images size respectively by 26.05 MB, 2.41 MB, 334.3 KB(with an error message: 89 image(s) were skipped due to an error), 3.9 MB and 24.9 MB.
But noticeably, all of the media library has almost the same number of identical images. How will it reduce all the image size so differently?
At moment, we are very confused, please help. thanks

• Luís

Hi @Lucas Hermanna,

I hope had been good today!

Regarding to your first issue, are you using any cache plugin?

If the media libraries are identical, it's expected that the reduce size values are identical too. But they are not the exact same files, some images can make the difference, if have a large margin of reduction.

It's hard to give my opinion without seeing the media libraries in question.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Lucas Hermanna

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't so great with the serve offered so far. I made 2 support requests after I paid for the membership, none of them is resolved so far. Also all support tickets are made available to public. Nothing wrong with public access, but if I need to provide the website username and password to your support team, it will be made them available to everyone. Do correct me if I am wrong that I did not find the way to PM your support team.

To briefly answer your question:
    1) "Regarding to your first issue, are you using any cache plugin?"
    Yes, I use W3TC; Should I deactivate the plugin while using WP Smush Pro?

2) "If the media libraries are identical, it's expected that the reduce size values are identical too. But they are not the exact same files, some images can make the difference, if have a large margin of reduction."
    This was the question I asked and confused about; since almost all files are identical(Max 10 images different), and the plugin shall do the same job, can you tell us what went wrong? And Yes, they are exactly file, since my client store all images in the media library when building up the websites, therefore I firmly believe they are the same in whatever ways.

3)"It's hard to give my opinion without seeing the media libraries in question."
    I would like to give you access to the media library, but I cannot give it to you here. And I did not find a way to send you the website username and password. It seems all support questions are made available to public on your website. There is no private section that we can PM your support team.

• Luís

Hi @Lucas Hermanna,

I hope had been good today!

Yes, you can send your credentials privately to the support team through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

**Send the above fields for websites you refer in the first topic message.

Cheers, Luís

• Lucas Hermanna

The problem does not happen to one site, around 10 sites are like this. I will show you a screenshot for the time being. so you have a better idea. Since all my client's sites are in foreign language rather than English, to enable you for debug the sites, I need to ask my clients to switch all languages to English first. To give you 1-2 FTP credentials is not a big problem, but I have to literally create each FTP user login for all of the ones that has the same issues, and it is not an easy task since most of them hosted on different server. Please have a look at the screenshot first, if you found it is necessary for you to have the FTP access, I will create them accordingly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.