Superadmin Access to WPMU DEV Dashboard

I had to change the id of the superadmin user on this site for security reasons (ID 1 is a known target for hackers). Since I did that, however, I am no longer able to see the WPMU DEV Dashboard in the Network Admin section of the site. How do I get that access back?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi dmuchnok,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

No worries you can define ID(s) of users who can access the WPMU DEV Dashboard by adding following define in wp-config.php file before the line that says stop editing, happy blogging.

define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1');

Don’t forget to replace the 1 with actual ID number of your new administrator user account. You can find the user ID in edit user link or try using following code to add a new column in users table to show the ID number of user. Add it in functions.php file of your child theme or use it as mu-plugin.

add_filter('manage_users_columns', 'pippin_add_user_id_column');
    function pippin_add_user_id_column($columns) {
    $columns['user_id'] = 'User ID';
    return $columns;
    }

add_action('manage_users_custom_column', 'pippin_show_user_id_column_content', 10, 3);
    function pippin_show_user_id_column_content($value, $column_name, $user_id) {
    $user = get_userdata( $user_id );
    if ( 'user_id' == $column_name )
    return $user_id;
    return $value;
    }

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• dmuchnok
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI Sajid,

Thanks for the update. It took me a while, but I finally was able to get online and make thesechanges. The only frustrating thing is that the edit user link doesn’t reveal the id for the currently logged-in user, so I had to log in as a backup superadmin to get the id. Other than that, it worked like a charm. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.