Support Advice

Hey Guys,

Can someone recommend a good support network or team?

I am really after a company that I can give VPS access to, so that if any services are required like... new software and if the server goes down they will get it up etc.

I am also after a company that can deal with wordpress issues?

So I want Level 1 assistance to be my company and level 2 to be an expert.

anyone have any ideas of a affordable company?

maybe I could charge clients a fee to cover adhoc queries.

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @bonmaklad

Please allow me to clarify. You are looking for someone to handle your level 2 issues - but are you wanting to host with that company as well?

If so, I have an excellent suggestion for you:

Take a look at WPMU-Hosting.

I've been with this environment for almost two years and have never had an issue that couldn't be handled personally by the person that I know there.

Check them out and give them a call at their telephone number. You will get a real live person on the phone almost all of the hours that they answer the phone. Occasionally, your call will go to voice mail, but you can also expect a telephone call back pretty quickly.

Plus, if you're considering a VPS system, you will be very pleased with this VPS system as it has a proprietary security system called Dedicated Server Guard that has stopped crackers every time.

Full Disclosure: This company is run by our very own Joe (@aecnu) here within the WPMUDev community. If you've seen the kind of support he gives here, then you are aware of the type of support he gives everywhere.

Good luck on your quest and post back here if you have other questions.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Guys,

Just to clarrify.

I have my VPS with VPS.net and run 2 multisite environments.

http://www.shopezy.co.nz
    http://www.ezywebsites.co.nz

they are starting to gain traction and I am not a developer or an expert (I am a Business Analyst) I wish to spend my time on gaining more clients and running the business.

So as you can see by my websites it is loosely based on free websites with add on extras. The premium support line (either by phone or email) would need to be set up to allow the user to get help when required.

Level one support will be me and an admin staff of mine to ensure that basic questions are handled quickly and free to the consumer.

so from a wordpress issue it is more for a support ticket environment. My customers would preferably send through tickets requesting help, advice I would like to be free (so i pay) if they want someone to do it, I will be charging the customer

- $10 per ticket
    - $199 per set up

I guess that covers the wordpress side.

The server side can be handled by VPS themselves... but I would rather but issues be directly resolved by one company. (to be honest, with the amount of multi sites out there now... this would be a good business avenue haha)

My server was down 3 days before I realized... and server based issues I know very very little about!! So would like someone to be able to ensure the server doesn't go down and also do upgrades and really be the outsourced IT assistance.

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @bonmaklad

Then you definitely need to talk to Joe (@aecnu) - he can handle both sides of your equation. And, I believe he could save you some money from what I just saw on VPS.net - not sure, but it looks like he could.

If nothing else, he may be able to recommend someone that could provide the level 2 service you need without you having to change your hosting platform.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JamesDunn and Dean Kaus,

Thank you guys for the welcome back and yes JDD it is really me ... lol

I will soon post a link to some more pictures and videos of my vacation excursion for your folks viewing pleasure :smiley: in the next day or so as soon as I help get the tickets under control.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.