Support and Impressions of WPMU

Ok first off this isn't an ass kissing session, just me saying it as I see it.

One of the reasons I came here for plugins when compared to other sites that are availiable out there is the A* Grade support given here. There are other commercial WP plugin sites out there true, but none with the level of support shown here.

I joined up with the most expensive initial membership the monthly version for two reasons.

1) I wanted some of the plugins available and wanted some immediate support.
2) I couldn't afford a longer term subscription at the moment and also it gave me the chance to see the support in real action.

Then reading through some of the threads here i started to get a feel for the level of expertise here and the depth of knowledge available. Even with over 20 years of experience working on intranet and Internet based solutions WP is a new tool for me, normally I build software systems from the ground up.

To give you an Idea, Although I am very happy with my own host at the moment there are some issues that give @aecnu 's hosting the edge. Although Quite a bit more expensive than mine, his straight answers in response to an email exchange I am having with him regarding hosting are swinging me towards moving hosts. Which in itself will not be easy as I have several hosts some of which don't use cpanel.

I have some very specific requirements which make choosing a host quite difficult. Joe gave me some straight answers and pointed a way forward, so even though he isn't my current host I highly recommend listening to what he has to say.

One of the key things I look at when choosing any business partner whether it's software hardware networking etc, is what their customers say about them.

One of the key things I look at when choosing any business partner whether it's software hardware networking etc, is what their customers say about them.

And i can happily say that WPMU has lived up to everything i read so far. From support people like @PC etc to other members chipping in this place rocks.

Pitty there isn't a more prominent way of adding customer feedback to the main pages (public side), anyway as its not so easy for us to hand out points to support COOKIE's all round.