Support for tour company type sales

Do you have a plug in that would support sales for “tour” type businesses? I had looked at the Events plug in because that seemed the closest match. Basically we have a couple tour options to book and need to be able to specify tour dates and track sales to not oversell.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Welcome to the Community!

At current we have two options for accepting payments and making appointments

Events+ which you have already found :slight_smile:

And our latest release, Appointments+

We have a Bookings plugin on the books but it is only in the beginning stages of development

I’d be glad to help you figure how to set either of these up for you to use if you would be interested.

Best,

Kimberly

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That would be excellent! Any idea of the time from for the Bookings plug in? If either the events or the appointment plug ins would work that would be idea. I would like to incorporate that with your affiliates module. At first glance I love your products!!!! I have several sites that I will be setting up basically the same way. The first is for a catamaran tour that will have 2-3 basic tour options. The sign up is simple, but we need to incorporate a limit of how many people and include a schedule of days they operate and days they don’t. Of course taking payment (deposit or full amount) will be needed as well. Does this sound like something either of your existing modules can handle?

Thanks a million in advance!!

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I went in and had a look at appointments and events. It seems like events may actually be a better fit. I didn’t see how appointments could track say that up to 50 people can register for a given tour. I also didn’t like the open time layout. Events seems a better fit. Anyway, I went to purchase the events plug in but it only takes me to a page to upgrade my membership to full premium member. I’m not ready to do that yet. On the events page it says it can put purchased for $19 Can you help me figure out how to do that?

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

One more question. Will the affiliates plug in work with Events+? The main reason I need to set up these sites is for affiliate sales tracking on the tours we are going to sell. If the two modules don’t work together this won’t work at all for me.

Thanks and I appreciate all your help. I think we are very close!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I didn’t see how appointments could track say that up to 50 people can register for a given tour.

You just need to set the capacity for the service.

Our Affiliates only currently integrates with Membership, Marketpress and ProSites.

It will, however, work along side Events+ just fine. It will give your users an affiliate link, but will not track specific purchases in Events.

We currently only offer one $19 purchase at the moment. We are working on allowing this in the future, but for now the only way is to upgrade. If the cost is prohibitive we can chat about it, just send an email using the Contact above and Attn to me.

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I guess for right now what I need to know is if there is any way to make the affiliate module work with Events? Are the module extendable? Can I pay someone to create a connector? Without having the affiliate functionality available I need to find another solution. I am really excited about working with you guys but unfortunately this is required functionality for me.

If the answer is NO, will the coming Bookings+ module be able to utilize the affiliate functionality? I’ll need to find an intermediate solution, but perhaps when that is available it would work.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The Events plugin supports limited attendance for your Events too, via the “Limited capacity Events” add-on bundled with the plugin. As for the affiliate integration, the groundwork for this is laid out in the latest Events+ plugin release (v1.4.3, just released) and there’s an Events integration add-on for Affiliates plugin currently in Beta stage to make this happen. If you’re interested in giving it an early spin, I can attach it here (although you will need to update your Events+ plugin to v1.4.3 too to make it all work).

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I’m attaching the Events+ add-on for Affiliate – you can just drop it in the directory with the rest of Affiliate add-ons (affiliate/affiliateincludes/addons/). Once activated, you’ll have a new section in your Events+ settings where you can set the percentage assigned to your affiliate users. Please, note that you’ll need the latest Events+ version for this to work properly – I added some hooks in the latest version to make this kinds of plugin integration (with other plugins potentially too) possible.

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Would this also work with the new appointments+ that was just released? I can see some instances where I would use one over the other. Neither fit to exactly what I need. Any idea of a timeline for the bookings+ module? Can I sign up to be a beta tester on that??

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you very much for providing me with the affiliate add on for events. I was able to install it and will start testing now. I was a little surprised that the affiliate % if fixed for the entire events module and not adjustable by individual events or individual affiliates. If the same is available for appointments+ that would be wonderful. Ultimately still interested in the bookings+ module I understand is under development. I would love to be a beta tester for that!

• cslane99
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you Kimberly! When you say a while out are we talking months or years?

Vladislav, would you be able to let me know if the a similar add on exists for the new appointments+ module? One similar to what you provided me for Events+ so that purchases made can be tracked to affiliates?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

As far as I know, there isn’t such an Affiliate add-on for the Appointments+ (plus, the one I attached is still beta and not yet bundled with the “official” Affiliate release) but hopefully it shouldn’t be too difficult to make based on the existing Affiliate add-ons.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.