Support, How can i do setting for multidb. i am confused

Hello Support,

How can i do setting for multidb.
i am confused about this line "1 – 5,000 blogs/sites: you should be fine with your WordPress default database"

My question is that
1) For every new blog site multidb plugin create different database or create new tables in foodzube db?
2) Create New DB automatically after 5000 blog site creation?

Please reply me ASAP

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Thomas, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

i am confused about this line "1 – 5,000 blogs/sites: you should be fine with your WordPress default database"

That line, along with the rest of the lines regarding this on the Usage page:

1 – 5,000 blogs/sites: you should be fine with your WordPress default database
    5,000 – 50,000 blogs/sites: go with 16 databases
    50,000 – 100,000 blogs/sites: use 256 databases
    100,000+ blogs/sites: use 4096 databases

Is serving as a guide for whether Multi-DB is needed on your site (and if so, how many databases should be used).

If you're expecting to have no more than 5,000 blogs/sites on your network, then you wouldn't need to install Multi-DB on your site. However, if you're planning to have more than 5,000 sites, then you'll need to use it.

(e.g. if your network is to have between 5,000 - 50,000 sites on it, then you would want use 16 databases with Multi-DB)

1) For every new blog site multidb plugin create different database or create new tables in foodzube db?

New tables would be created inside of the databases set up for this Multisite install, a new database wouldn't be created for each blog inside the Multisite.

2) Create New DB automatically after 5000 blog site creation?

The databases would need to be created manually, and Multi-DB would have to be configured to use those databases (as detailed on the usage page).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.