Support phorum email notifications - without +1

Hi,
I use your support phorum, create new support questions (feature requests) and subscribe to email notifications to new posts on this questions.
There is option to unsubscribe from all new posts.
But there is no option to unsubscribe "+1" posts only.
I like "+1" posts but I don't think it is necessary to receive email notifications like "new post +1 from XY". And there is no way to filter it in Gmail because filter ... message has "+1" ... matches for all messages with word "1".
Thanks,
Jiri

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Jiri,

I hope you're having a nice day!

I assume you're referring to the "thumbs up" (like) feature of forums, right? If so, this can actually be filtered with Gmail by setting a filter to use

"noreply@wpmudev.org" as "From"

and

"liked your post" as "Has the words"

This would precisely target only these posts, letting you delete them or label or so on.

Would that work for you or are you referring to some different notification (e.g. when receiving points form other Members)?

Or do you mean the "+1" posts in that sense that some other Members simply post "+1" in response to your feature requests?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for the additional info, I understand how this could be annoying but I don't remember anyone complaining about this before so it doesn't seem to be a major issue, and adding a filter to one character only would actually have more of a downside as any posts mentioning this could get ignored in email.

You can still setup an email filter in your inbox, as Adam suggested, and add two filters, so one would be for emails containing this as this will catch the post title:
    There is a new post on [YOUR_POST_TITLE]
    And then another one for emails containing +1 in content.

This way all posts containing +1 and title of your post will be moved/removed, based on your choice.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jiri
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,

Gmail filter "+1" doesn't work because it searches "+1" and "1" too. So all messages with "1" are filtered.

I like +1 posts, that wasn't any ingratitude. I like it a lot. I only don't want to receive notifications with the only text "+1". That's all. I will read those beautiful "+1" posts on your website.

It is only about email notifications preferences. I add feature request. I want receive email notification to every post which I should react to or it informs that feature request is fulfilled. E-mail notifications to ratings like "+1" or "I want it too." and "I too." are not so necessary.

But OK, it could be more complicated to make it than how much it is useful.

It was just a little thing to think about :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jiri,

We'll check what we could about this from our end :slight_smile:
    My suggestion above is to make a filter for each featured request you have made, so in addition to filtering "1" you could also filter it with There is a new post on [YOUR_POST_TITLE] which will then apply only for that post and it will not affect notifications for other tickets.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.