Support please. Subscribe by email customisation

HI there, I really need you to help me out I have asked twice before with no follow up to my dilemma. I like your pluggins and intend to use popup pro and mail chimp integration. I was attracted to your company due to the great support you boast about. However the support I have received has been lame at best. Please help me out here. Isn't this what I have paid for then I can move forward and start implementing popup pro and mail chimp integration!

Subscribe by email does not send emails when I make blog updates. Though this is not such a big deal as I am intending to use your follow button just to grab peoples emails so I can use them later in mailchimp.

I want to change the colour of the "follow this blog" text as it is white and unreadable. I also want to change the content of the text.

I would also like to use my own html email template in the confirmation email.

Could you please help me achieve this it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to have a rant but I need to get this done.

Kind regards,
Neil.

• Vaughan

Hi Neil,

Hope you're well? I will continue this in your other thread here. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-use-subscribe-by-email-with-mail-chimp

If you don't plan on using subscribe by email for emailing, you are only collecting the email addresses, you could actually use one of the mailchimp embed codes in a widget on the sidebar or in a popup if that would be better for you?

If you wish to use your own template, you can edit the plugin mail_template.php file

plugins/subscribe-by-email/inc/mail-templates/mail_template.php

Though I believe there will be better functionality in the next version to improve custom templates & make it easier to customize. I can't give an ETA on when this will be released at this time.
    To change the colour of the follow text, you can use CSS.

#sbe-follow-wrap h2 {
        color: #000000 !important;
    }

If you wish to change the text, the easiest way is to use the Ultimate Branding plugin and enable the network wide text change module, this will allow you to change the text without needing to edit the translation .po file.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/#usage

the other way is to edit the /language/ .po file using a tool such as poedit from http://poedit.net

Then upload the created .mo file to the languages folder.

Hope this helps

• Neil

Hi Vaughan, Thanks for your reply.

Got the colour fixed now.

I really like the follow button and the fact it opens the subscribe page. Is it possible to empty the contents of it and embed the mail chimp codes?

I have taken a look language.po file using poedit but cannot figure out how to actually change it. From what I have tried I can only add comments. Have you any experience with editing this. Please forgive me I am new to this.

Regards.
    Neil.

• Ash

Hello @Neil

I hope you are well today.

Do you want to embed a mailchimp form instead of Subscribe form in the follow pop up?
    If yes, that is possible. You need to go to /plugins/subscribe-by-email/front/follow-button.php replace code line no 82 to 151 with your mailchimp code. That means, you need to insert your code into "sbe-follow-wrap" div.

Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update. So it's worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.