Support Plugin FAQ JS Conflict

Hello,

Unfortunately I am not able to get the FAQ section of your support plugin working on the front end due to a JS error in console. The page is using Visual Composer for layout, but I have also tried without this which make no difference.

https://purewigs.com/faqs/

Any help is much appreciated.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and I can confirm the issue. We need however to get to the bottom of it now and find what is causing it :slight_smile:

I noticed a JS error in browser console but it seems to be triggered by one of the theme scripts and I'm not sure yet whether it is related or not. I can see though though that you are also using some intensive caching on the site so here's what I'd recommend to start with:

1. Make sure that all the caches, including CloudFlare CDN, are disabled for the site so the site would be loaded "directly" as it is with no "middlemen" help whatsoever.

This is important because any caching/CDN transports "in between" the browser and WordPress can interfere with further tests.

It may as well turn out that this will make FAQ working. If so, then we'll focus on that and investigate it further. If not though:

2. Run a full plugin/theme conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a little to see it):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

This would let you confirm whether it's a conflict with a theme and/or other plugin(s) and if so, should also reveal the main culprit. Knowing about it, I would then dig deeper and I believe we'll find a fix for this and make it work for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Chris,

I did some tests and it looks like the issue here is init.js file in your theme that handles accordions among other things and the issue is probably same class name that Support System uses are used in theme accordions and thus affected by this JS file.

What I was able to do as a quick workaround is exclude that JS file loading on FAQ page and thus allow Support System accordions to work.
    You can try applying the same thing on your site by adding below code either to child theme functions.php file or as mu-plugin:

function project_dequeue_unnecessary_scripts() {
    	if( is_page( 130 ) ) {
    	    wp_dequeue_script( 'init' );
            wp_deregister_script( 'init' );
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'project_dequeue_unnecessary_scripts', 1000 );

Let us know if this worked for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.